Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI update fee

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bakman
Went thru same hastle at dealership...no update for my vin number. After I showed them the TSB# and P0566 update info they claimed it was only for certain 2012 A6 and mine was not one of them. As soon as I mentioned AOA miraculously they found the update and will now have to educate themselves on how to perform the update. Why doesnt the dealership want their vehicles to operate correctly?? The radio and nav are important features??
Ill keep posting after I get my car back
What did you mention with regards to AOA? did you just mention then name and they relented? Or were there other details?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mentioned that I will call AOA and see what they thought about the update and my vehicle. They called back shortly thereafter with update ability!!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

A question for any of you that have had a back up camera issue. I took my new 2012 A6 in to have them look at a issue with the brakes (they solved that problem - some build up on the rotor) and told them that I have twice in the less than 50 miles of owning the car had the back up camera freeze on for a mile or so while I drove forward. I was able to keep pressing buttons until it finally went off, but thought it was worth mentioning.

They told me that there was nothing that they could do because they were not able to replicate the problems, so I did a little Google searching and found this thread and e-mailed a screen shot to the service guy. He mentioned that the software update did not apply to my problem, but to me it seems that it is an MMI issue.

For those of you that have had an issue with their back up camera, is it similar to what I experienced?

Hopefully it was just a fluke and I'll be fine, but wondering what others think about the issue.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The latest MMI software update, KO566, is supposed to resolve MMI freezes (among other things). Check your software version.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Not sure of the version since the car is still at the dealer, but the service rep said that the update wouldn't help and that upgrading the system could cause other problems, so I got the impression that I do not have the latest version. Seemed to me like they either didn't want to do it, or truly don't think a problem exists.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Joemci
Not sure of the version since the car is still at the dealer, but the service rep said that the update wouldn't help and that upgrading the system could cause other problems, so I got the impression that I do not have the latest version. Seemed to me like they either didn't want to do it, or truly don't think a problem exists.
Cause other problems? I don't think so. Unless you have a MY2013, it sounds like your dealer is just being lazy or doesn't want to foot the expense of the time to load it. It's already PO566 on 2013's and you have the latest. If you have a MY2012, do a search for K0566 on the A6 and A7 forums. Many 2012 owners have had it done and have written about the fixes it provides.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Cause other problems? I don't think so.
X2
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, I really don't know why he would think it would cause other problems, but that's what he said. I just want to make sure that my issue is similar to the ones that were fixed by the update.

I spent a bunch of time reading up on the issues and update tonight and find it hard to believe that they won't do it since it seems to fix the issues.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joemci
The service center where my car is being fixed had the same response. However my rep explained that techs are hesitant to do software upgrades as they could interfere or crash other computers and the dealership would be liable for fixing those other systems.

When the rep looked up my 2012 A6 by VIN number he stated there was not a MMI update for my vehicle.

AOA was useless. I emailed my car salesman and told him the issues I was having and that there was a software update specifically for my car and that the service center was being oblivious to that fact. About an hour later, my car salesman emailed me back saying that it was taken care of and the update would be applied to my car. The service rep called my about 15 minutes after, telling me the same thing.

So don't give and go up the chain of command if you do not like the response you'r getting. There is an update and it is for our cars.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is there a central online source for each model/MY showing the latest MMI version and what it provides / fixes? Appreciate if I can check the list before calling my dealership.

Quick Reply: MMI update fee