Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

mObridge DA1 preamp for A6/S6

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
The DA1 preamp allows you to intercept the audio signal from the MMI before it arrives at the factory amplifier. In my car, that was the Bose amplifier, but this device will also work on the B&O or any other system that has MOST.
The signal is intercepted while still in the digital domain, and then the DA1 provides a standard Optical Digital stereo output which can feed an aftermarket DSP or amplifier. The result is a clean, digital signal while keeping the MMI system fully intact and operational.
I´m completely sold on your setup and will get the parts I consider myself to afford immediately when I get delivery of my A6 in late May.
It´s the 2015 Allroad which I, after browsing this forum, ordered with base audio. So even though I know it has MOST network I feel like stepping into unknown territory as I believe the factory amplifier now is built into the head unit.

One of the parts I was willing to leave out of my upgrade project was the 650€ Audison Bit Play HD, but after reading about it I have second thoughts.
What I´m trying to understand is how you integrate it in your system?

Can you browse FLAC tracks stored on the Audison Bit Play on the MMI display?

Please elaborate on this integration with both pros and cons if you have time.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mtee
I´m completely sold on your setup and will get the parts I consider myself to afford immediately when I get delivery of my A6 in late May.
Just be sure to contact mObridge to ask about compatibility with the newer MMI generations. They have a compatibility checker on the website, but it's not updated often so you may want to shoot them an email.

It´s the 2015 Allroad which I, after browsing this forum, ordered with base audio. So even though I know it has MOST network I feel like stepping into unknown territory as I believe the factory amplifier now is built into the head unit.
Hmm. I'm not sure about the Allroad. It's not listed in the compatibility list, but maybe it's the same as the A4? For the A4, you need to have the MMI 2G or 3G. The infotainment system is not compatible.

One of the parts I was willing to leave out of my upgrade project was the 650€ Audison Bit Play HD, but after reading about it I have second thoughts.
What I´m trying to understand is how you integrate it in your system?

The BitPlay HD is the only part of my system giving me issues right now. The device is working... I have FLAC audio streaming from a USB stick, and the video is working on the MMI screen. But the wireless remote controls are not working yet, so the only way I can control the unit right now is via the iPhone app. I have therefore not been able to copy any files onto the internal SSD drive. I'm going to have to get some replacement IR remotes, I think.

As for how it is integrated, you can take a look at the picture in my signature for a basic idea.

The BitPlay is connected directly to my DSP via optical TOSlink. What is not shown in the picture is that the video output from the BitPlay is connected to the MMI via the AMI A/V adapter cable. We ran a composite video cable from the trunk into the center arm rest.

To use the BitPlay, I plug in the AMI cable which is in the armrest and set the MMI to aux video input. That displays the video, while the audio plays directly into my DSP.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry I'm a bit new to all this so go easy on me but is there a way to counter that factory equalization without swapping the amp? Perhaps "counter equalize" and connect back into the factory amp?

Last edited by mdkv5; 03-01-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mdkv5
Sorry I'm a bit new to all this so go easy on me but is there a way to counter that factory equalization without swapping the amp? Perhaps "counter equalize" and connect back into the factory amp?
No. Not really. You would need an incredibly powerful DSP to fix that.

My previous DSP, the Audison BitOne, has an automatic factory "de-equalization" feature built into it. You play a CD during the initial setup and the DSP measures the factory EQ and then tries to level it.

Here is the result:

First image is the Bose EQ without any alterations:

Now here is the result after running the "de-equalization"

It's definitely more level, but still a far cry from a flat response.

Here are those 2 graphs superimposed for comparison

So you can see, it helps..... but doesn't fix the issue.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Is ANC used on both the Bose and the B&O?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:18 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Is ANC used on both the Bose and the B&O?
Yes
Old 03-11-2015, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mtee

Yes. But you need to enable VIM via a VCDS cable if you want the screen to display while the car is moving.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do the parking sensors beep, bluetooth and navigation voice work and sound?
Old 03-13-2015, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by P2WRTMR
How do the parking sensors beep, bluetooth and navigation voice work and sound?
Parking beeps have their own tone generators. They don't play on the stereo at all, so are unaffected.

Bluetooth still works fine. I have been making calls just as before.

Navigation voice plays on the stereo, so it will work with the MoBridge.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

subterFUSE - Any idea what I would expect to pay for the MoBridge component itself?

Quick Reply: mObridge DA1 preamp for A6/S6