Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Model year price advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Model year price advice

HI,

I have been looking for a Sline A6 for a bit now and i have finally found two but I am wondering which one to get as one is MY2012 and the other MY2013. Both are equipped similarly, one is daytona grey the other is havana black. Both are same price but kms are different. For MY2012 it has 26k Miles and for MY2013 it has 41ishk Miles.

I suppose the 2013 has an advantage of being 2nd year production and has an extra year of warranty or upto 100k miles.

I am concerned the 2013 has too many miles for a 2 year old car, not sure how the extra wear n tear would have an impact on the vehicle. It does have an extra year of CPO warranty so that maybe a plus.

Thoughts? What would you do?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is a MY14 with 35k miles, apart from annoying rattles of plastics in the interior it's been mechanically and handling wise rock solid (I have to disclose I bought ex loaner CPO). Besides the history of either car, keep in mind the amount of kms you plan to put on it. In the bigger picture can't go wrong with either one though, enjoy!

I would go with the 13 as I drive less now, when I was putting 40k a year the warranty would've run out quickly so I may have chosen for the 12 with less miles then.

Edit: phone decided to post prematurely.

Last edited by Tinbad; 07-28-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

An extra 15K miles is not much. I've found that the second year of a new series is always advisable as the manf. has had time to correct various bugs. I have observed generally more issues with a 2012 on the forums than subsequent years. The extra warranty time and one year newer value at future disposition can't hurt either. All other things being equal I wouldn't hesitate to go for the 2013, especially if at the same price. Really a no brainer IMO.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The higher mileage in less time typically means a composition of fewer longer trips which is not bad for a car. A vehicle that has low mileage maybe because it has had many trips of a short duration which is far worse for wear and tear. A commute of 80 mile RT/day will approx. be 20K/yr but the cruise will produce less wear than 3 trips of 2 miles per day of a low mileage car. There are a lot of factors involved but I would not shy away from 41K miles.

Last edited by DB22; 07-29-2015 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks guys as usual... excellent advice and i think i can i have the extra confidence from all of your comments and suggestions.

To have a curve ball there is another vehicle that showed up today that maybe my best bet as it has 22k miles and has everything and some more options i wanted.

I maybe joining the club this week afterall.

Cheers.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
thanks guys as usual... excellent advice and i think i can i have the extra confidence from all of your comments and suggestions.

To have a curve ball there is another vehicle that showed up today that maybe my best bet as it has 22k miles and has everything and some more options i wanted.

I maybe joining the club this week afterall.

Cheers.
Great to hear you found a car with all the options and more. I hope you have negotiate a great price!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks! got a 2012 garnet red!!!!! I join Maverick61 in the garnet red world... i cannot believe i found this colour as they were handful sold here.

Garnet Red Premium Plus w S-Line (equivalent to prestige in canada), Nougat red interior with dark ash wood, led head headlights, Vision Package, LED Headlights, Bang & Olufsen.

Will pick up friday and try to take some pics to show it off.

I never thought i could get this colour and interior combo as most vehicles here seem to have aluminium inside.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am curious as to the S Line models as I have never seen that model on the Audi USA site. I know that they have an S Line in the EU, I don't know about Canada but I have only seen Premium, Premium + and the Prestige as model versions in the USA.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

In Canada, specifically S-Line includes:

S line Sport Package:

S line exterior
Sport suspension
20" 5-Y Spoke Alloy Wheels with Performance tires: 255/35 R20
Aluminum door sills w/ S-line badge
Multi-function heated 3-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles
Matt brushed aluminum inlay
Black interior headliner
Old 07-30-2015, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by porksoda
In Canada, specifically S-Line includes:

S line Sport Package:

S line exterior
Sport suspension
20" 5-Y Spoke Alloy Wheels with Performance tires: 255/35 R20
Aluminum door sills w/ S-line badge
Multi-function heated 3-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles
Matt brushed aluminum inlay
Black interior headliner
In the US, those items may be ordered separately but I have never seen the Aluminum door sills w/ S-line badge probably because we don't have S Line here. BTW - my sills are lit, are the S Line sills?

Quick Reply: Model year price advice