Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

my.audi.com upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SSA6
Thanks. My apologies for not being clear. I can send destinations to my 2016 A6. My issue is that I have no where to input the new PIN after I re-registered. The "old" online destinations still work (from my old account prior to March 2014). New destinations saved in MyAudi with my new account (PIN) don't link to my car. The MMI does not ask me for a new PIN - and I don't know where to input the new PIN. Hence my question about resetting to factory defaults.
I'm guessing what may be happening in your case is myAudi now has two accounts - the old one is still active and the new one is not linking. Since the old acct is still active, the MMI is not asking for a new PIN. There is nothing you can do in the car to "roll back" to an earlier MMI version nor would that help. It's not an MMI issue, it's a myAudi software/server issue. You might try deleting the new account and wait for Audi to fix the website for those of us with the original, pre-2014 myAudi account.

Just another example of the ongoing poor implementation of the myAudi website. They should have found a way to keep the original website working while implementing the new one until it was fully tested and functional for everyone with an original account. It wouldn't surprise me if the people working on the myAudi project didn't know how to do it.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSA6
Thanks. My apologies for not being clear. I can send destinations to my 2016 A6. My issue is that I have no where to input the new PIN after I re-registered. The "old" online destinations still work (from my old account prior to March 2014). New destinations saved in MyAudi with my new account (PIN) don't link to my car. The MMI does not ask me for a new PIN - and I don't know where to input the new PIN. Hence my question about resetting to factory defaults.
No problem. I was wondering whether it worths you to try the following to see whether you could fix the issue by
1. remove the vehicle from your account by
clicking 'profile' on the top of your myAudi account > 'All vehicles' > click 'Edit' > you should see a 'X' shown next to your current A6 > click 'X' to remove it?
2. try to connect to your online address from MMI to see whether this would force MMI to forget the old PIN
3. Add your vehicle back to myAudi account
Old 04-10-2014, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like the old site is once again available at https://my2.audiusa.com or from the "Accounts Created prior to March 2014" link on the new my.audi.com login page.

Does anyone know if the old and new systems will be merged, will there be some migration procedure re-register the MMI units to the new system, or will accounts prior to March 2014 continue to use the old site indefinitely?
Old 04-10-2014, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by EdS5Cab
It looks like the old site is once again available at https://my2.audiusa.com or from the "Accounts Created prior to March 2014" link on the new my.audi.com login page.

Does anyone know if the old and new systems will be merged, will there be some migration procedure re-register the MMI units to the new system, or will accounts prior to March 2014 continue to use the old site indefinitely?
No it won't be merged. I had a long chat with AoA last night. The old site is still not fully functional. I gave up and migrated to the new site. FWIW, I posted the following this morning on another forum.

------------------

I thought I'd share this with anyone who is ready to ditch the old crappy myAudi website, especially since there is currently no timeline as to when it will be fully operational again. I got tired of the situation last night and after a long chat with AoA, giving them an earful of the sad state of their online properties, I decided to ditch the old site and migrate to the new site. While the new site still has bugs, for example it doesn't work in Chrome, it is much much better and cooler looking than the old site. So after asking AoA a bunch of questions, some trial and error and losing a bit more data/settings on the MMI than I care for, I'm all operational on the new site.

So for those who are ready to do the same, here is a little recipe. Disclaimer: You can't bring any destinations over from the old myAudi website and you may lose any destinations currently stored in your MMI, other than what's synced from your phone. I didn't care, because anything I wanna keep is stored on my phone anyway or I can quickly resend to the car.

Step 1

Register on the new myAudi website (my.audiusa.com). You can use the same email address you used for the old site, however, you will have to pick a different account name for the Google Maps Send-to-Car feature. The new site allows you to edit the account name you use for Send-to-Car. Nice improvement!

Step 2

Add your car. You will get a brand new PIN.

Step 3

This is where the trial and error began. It turns out that the only way to reconfigure the MMI with the new PIN, is to do a partial factory reset. AoA couldn't tell me what part of the MMI you have to reset, but the good news is you don't have to do a complete reset. After trying only reseting Navigation and Bluetooth, I ended up reseting Directory, Telephone, Bluetooth, Navigation settings and Navigation online memory. That finally did the trick and the MMI asked me for the PIN again. In retrospect, I think you only have to reset Telephone. All connection settings seem to be associated with the Telephone settings. So give that a try before you wipe everything. I lost my navigation history and I had to reconfigure a bunch of stuff, but no big deal. I would have preferred to keep my navigation history, but a clean slate is nice, too :-).

Enjoy the new site. It is actually quite cool. AoA says to use FireFox, but it appears to work in IE11 as well. On Chrome, you can't even login. I'm not very confident that it will work in Chrome anytime soon. The main audiusa.com to this day doesn't work properly in Chrome.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I wonder if deactivating (not just disabling) the old myAudi account before activating the new one would avoid all the reset issues. I say this because last year I had to create a new account to fix an issue and had no problem using the new PIN the first time w/o resetting anything in the car.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-10-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's possible. I didn't want to deactivate the old account until I knew everything was working with the new account.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:07 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, the link to previous registration on the my.audi.com site does now link to a logon for previous users (and the logon takes me to the "manage my destinations" site).

I had been trying to re-register for the past several days, with no luck.

Thanks Audi, I guess.

LIY
Old 04-11-2014, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LIY
FWIW, the link to previous registration on the my.audi.com site does now link to a logon for previous users (and the logon takes me to the "manage my destinations" site).

I had been trying to re-register for the past several days, with no luck.

Thanks Audi, I guess.

LIY
CORRECT. Thanks for the heads up. My "old" account is still linked to my A6, destinations are there and all works fine now.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Some more cool stuff. With the new site we now also get access to the MMI Connect App, so you can manage your destination from your smartphone. Works pretty well.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mmi-...570608111?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.audi.mmiapp
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by superswiss
Some more cool stuff. With the new site we now also get access to the MMI Connect App, so you can manage your destination from your smartphone. Works pretty well.
Have you tired all the features including online destinations? I'm asking because on iTunes it states it requires the 2015 A3 with Audi Connect.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-11-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: my.audi.com upgraded?