Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My First Mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
I will take pictures sometime this week and post. But not sure if my airbox is same as yours. If you look at my custom CAI setup you'll see the stock air duct that curves the air into the airbox area. By the way, my next revision to my CAI is in progress. Hoping to have final version with test readings soon.

Hi Bravo, I can respect your opinion but to each their own. Not saying there's anything wrong with the car, it's a great piece of engineering and beautiful model. Those that are familiar with me know I can NEVER leave well enough alone. Always looking to personalize and improve. I like to innovate and push the limits of anything I do, and I don't settle. Innovation comes from somewhere doesn't it? So I invite you to sit back, enjoy the forum and chuckle in silence at those of us who mess up our cars.

Amazingly I just ruined my car this weekend with a new rear trunk spoiler. I know, Ruined the the Barret Jackson starting price. Sorry.
You're bound to get help and advice when asked for by many friendly and helpful people on here, but maybe not if you criticize them or their ideas. Just my own opinion.
Hi, Sorry i didnt mean to criticize. My cousin is a mechanic and has a friend also a mechanic and they do the same thing. After the mod's surely looks better than what Audi did in the first place. A coworker knows a friend in Audi dealer that hooked up his Audi S4 i mean the illuminated stepwell below it has a projection light to the ground with the S4 illuminated. Thats cool with a spoiler.

I also have seen on youtube Vader 2014 Audi S4 its cool what he done with the car.

I like to see your mod in progress as well.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

No worries Bravo. Different personalities and many different levels of experience. I ain't perfect so I know I'll overact or misinterpret posts on occasion. Hard to gauge level of humor and personality without personal interaction so all I can do is try my best to think logically and communicate as respectfully as I can. It's all good.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

While my '16 A6 prestige with the S-line sports treatement and driver select is still on the boat and soon to be heading up the Mexican coast starting tomorrow toward final San Diego port, I just returned from a couple weeks in Amsterdam and Brussels where I checkout some EU spec goodies at the largest Audi dealers in Holland and Belgium to see what I could pick up there.

I already have the metal foot pedal covers set to go on at the dealer, but at the Brussels Audi Magazine ( meaning parts department) the head part guy helped me track down the precise 2016 A6 version of the S-line three spoke steering wheel emblem insert within the larger glossy black decorative emblem located on the lower center of the three spokes.

My Audi dealer will just swap out the standard all piano black part for the S-line embossed part before I pick it up and will drop the part off to his care tomorrow when I fly back to Phoenix and get the limo ride from the airport to the Audi dealer where I stashed my car the last couple weeks in EU.

Ill take a photo of the part before I give it to the Parts guy for my car tomorrow, and will post it when I get home either tomorrow or over the next few days.

It is a bit different looking than some of the aftermarket and not necessarily OEM Audi versions of the part I've seen posted in this forum and on Ebay. .. It's a minor but nice little added touch to an already S-line based car.

Last edited by Hulamau; 05-25-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hulamau
While my '16 A6 prestige with the S-line sports treatement and driver select is still on the boat and soon to be heading up the Mexican coast starting tomorrow toward final San Diego port, I just returned from a couple weeks in Amsterdam and Brussels where I checkout some EU spec goodies at the largest Audi dealers in Holland and Belgium to see what I could pick up there.

I already have the metal foot pedal covers set to go on at the dealer, but at the Brussels Audi Magazine ( meaning parts department) the head part guy helped me track down the precise 2016 A6 version of the S-line three spoke steering wheel emblem insert within the larger glossy black decorative emblem located on the lower center of the three spokes.

My Audi dealer will just swap out the standard all piano black part for the S-line embossed part before I pick it up and will drop the part off to his care tomorrow when I fly back to Phoenix and get the limo ride from the airport to the Audi dealer where I stashed my car the last couple weeks in EU.

Ill take a photo of the part before I give it to the Parts guy for my car tomorrow, and will post it when I get home either tomorrow or over the next few days.

It is a bit different looking than some of the aftermarket and not necessarily OEM Audi versions of the part I've seen posted in this forum and on Ebay. .. It's a minor but nice little added touch to an already S-line based car.
I've seen three different variations of the pedals so far, so yes please post. Looking forward to the ones you've found. Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need to see some of the newer mods in your sig.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BillBoost37
We need to see some of the newer mods in your sig.
Ha! You're calling me out on these sooner than I have final setup complete and pics to show. Still tweaking other mods and will post in as soon as complete. So here's my update so far.
Pics 1 & 2 show my new trunk spoiler and rear window spoiler.

Pic 3 shows my upgrade to S6 style rear diffuser. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do about dual exhaust tips. Haven't found many appealing options. But guess anything is better than looking like a confused rear end. LOL

Pic 4 is the TPMS monitor installed that gives me actual PSI readings. I still depend on the Audi system but when it gives me a warning I can now check the urgency of the deflation problem.
Attached Images     
Old 06-07-2015, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Pic 3 shows my upgrade to S6 style rear diffuser. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do about dual exhaust tips. Haven't found many appealing options. But guess anything is better than looking like a confused rear end. LOL
There is a thread about cutting out the stock muffler and adding tips. It started an a hidden outlet pointing down then converted to a quad setup with a valance like yours. IIRC it was "jerrys4" or something like that. I'll go look.

Name:  HiddenTipA7.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  52.5 KB
Old 06-07-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

First thread is the hidden tip. Second thread is the quad set up.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-...haust-2819163/

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-tips-2846148/

I just looked, that first thread is from 2011 and the second 2013. I guess my memory is still pretty good...

Last edited by tenspeed; 06-07-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
There is a thread about cutting out the stock muffler and adding tips. It started an a hidden outlet pointing down then converted to a quad setup with a valance like yours. IIRC it was "jerrys4" or something like that. I'll go look.

Ten Speed that's awesome. I saw the bump-out in my stock exhaust but didn't think much of it until now. You just made me realize why that's there.
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Typically I prefer to mod my cars in such a fashion that I can return them to stock if necessary, and try to avoid "Hack-up" jobs where the car is mangled.
However, this is perfect as I can always weld-in the second tip and remove and re-weld a plate cover if necessary.
Thank you so much, you've helped me revise my search pattern.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the other minor Mod , in addition to the metal pedal covers, that I will be applying to my new '16 A6 Prestige S-line 20" Drivers Assist... when it arrives I am hoping by this Thursday or Friday or early next week at latest from San Diego Port where it has been since last Friday afternoon.

These photos are of the S-line badged piano black emblem for the lower spoke of the three spoke S-line/Prestige A6 Steering wheel with paddles that I bought at the Brussels Belgium main Audi dealers parts Department two weeks ago as noted above in earlier post, when over there on my annual trip to Amsterdam and Brussels for business and visiting friends.

My local dealer service manager is going to have the original plain black emblem swapped out for this S-line badged version during car delivery day along with his guy in service attaching the dead pedal which takes the service department to do while the local parts department guy can simply snap on the metal pedals for the gas and brake pedals. These pedals are from Audi USA parts and Im not sure which version I have, ( the parts guy has them stashed for me there now awaiting the car arrival) but supposedly fit the '16 A6 well.

Will post pics of both the metal pedal covers in place and the Euro S-line steering wheel badge attached, along with shots of the whole car when I pick it up, which can't happen too soon from now for me ...

Wow! apologies for the size of these two pics in advance!!

European Spec S-line three spoke steering wheel badge bought at Brussels Audi parts department for my 2016 A6 Prestige S-line Sports model due in from Germany by end of this week.

Euro spec S-line lower spoke of three spoke S-line steering wheel for 2016 A6.

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-08-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: My First Mod