Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

NAV/maps questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NAV/maps questions

I've had the car about 2 weeks now.

1. I updated the maps through the MMI online, and it was about 250 MB.
I downloaded the latest maps through AC online and it was about 1.3 GB. I haven't used it yet, but probably will. Why the difference?

2. When my NAV is on auto, it's showing the night image even though it's sunny-- it's darker. When I change it to Day, it corrects itself and becomes brighter, until I change it back to Auto. Is there another setting somewhere I'm missing? Is there a sensor or time issue? It's an issue whether or not it's on Google maps or the standard one.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Merlin_AZ

I downloaded the latest maps through AC online and it was about 1.3 GB. I haven't used it yet, but probably will. Why the difference?

2. When my NAV is on auto, it's showing the night image even though it's sunny-- it's darker. When I change it to Day, it corrects itself and becomes brighter, until I change it back to Auto. Is there another setting somewhere I'm missing? Is there a sensor or time issue? It's an issue whether or not it's on Google maps or the standard one.
If on Auto the brightness is related the sensor and the headlights going on/off. In your garage, the lights will likely be on, so you will see night during the day. You can also adjust the sensor sensitivity.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.
It's happening out on the highway while driving, not in the garage or in shade where it might misread.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

My only thought is that your headlights are on, and not on Auto? Or is there anything blocking the day/night sensor?
Old 08-30-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Headlights are on Auto.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Banned

How do you update the NAV maps through MMI?
Thanks
Old 08-30-2016, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

There was a dropdown in one of the settings in the MMI that listed an update for AZ that I did, which ran ~250 MB. When I logged into AudiConnect, there's a 1.3 GB download that I got using their flash downloader that I transferred to an SD card, but haven't used yet.
I'm wondering why the size difference.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a dropdown in one of the settings in the MMI that listed an update for AZ that I did, which ran ~250 MB. When I logged into AudiConnect, there's a 1.3 GB download that I got using their flash downloader that I transferred to an SD card, but haven't used yet.
I'm wondering why the size difference.
The download from the car usually just includes the map for your current area or the areas you drive most frequently. The download from the website is the entire North America map. So the MMI download was probably only the West Coast region of the map or whatever it considers AZ a part of.

Your map shouldn't be going to nite mode in broad daylight. Has it been this way since you had the car? If the things 1st Time Audi mentioned didn't fix it, I'd say just play around with it some more. Sounds like a setting issue. Turn your lights to the Off position and see if it still happens. Try it out in the afternoon, too, because sometimes mine seems time dependent, not just brightness. The map will also dim when you press the cornering or rear fog lights buttons.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dudley07726
How do you update the NAV maps through MMI?
Thanks
For the A6, must be MY2016 or newer. Not sure your year, model, or location
Old 08-30-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
For the A6, must be MY2016 or newer. Not sure your year, model, or location
I just purchased a new 2016 2 weeks ago. Production was in April 2016.

Quick Reply: NAV/maps questions