Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Need serviced?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need serviced?

Hey guys. This has been bothering me but my MMI screen doesn't slide out and close smooth sometimes. Do I need to have Audi dealership look at it?
Old 09-27-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Take a video of it when it's not smooth and bring to service advisor. You will almost certainly get the dreaded "Cannot reproduce problem" and being able to demonstrate what happens occasionally is a help. With that said, I might defer it to next scheduled service and/or near the end of warranty...might as well get the most amount of time out of the replacement parts you can.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 179 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by audia612
Hey guys. This has been bothering me but my MMI screen doesn't slide out and close smooth sometimes. Do I need to have Audi dealership look at it?
Fairly certain (in Europe at least) one of the MMI updates was to address a problem with the screen not retracting smoothly for some owners. Suggest you take it to the dealer and ask thm to look at it. As suggested a video of it not working as intended will be invaluable when it fails to do it because someone is watching!
Old 09-27-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Take a video of it when it's not smooth and bring to service advisor. You will almost certainly get the dreaded "Cannot reproduce problem" and being able to demonstrate what happens occasionally is a help. With that said, I might defer it to next scheduled service and/or near the end of warranty...might as well get the most amount of time out of the replacement parts you can.
I have a video of it. My car has 69,870 miles its a 2012 premium plus.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Fairly certain (in Europe at least) one of the MMI updates was to address a problem with the screen not retracting smoothly for some owners. Suggest you take it to the dealer and ask thm to look at it. As suggested a video of it not working as intended will be invaluable when it fails to do it because someone is watching!
My MMI hasn't been updated since the last owner didn't update it.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

there isn't as far as I know a fix in MMI software....

BUT there is a TSB and a fix involving new hardware and a screen tray - I had it done to my car. It was covered by Audi. check it out.

Scott
Old 10-02-2014, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Silver42
there isn't as far as I know a fix in MMI software.... BUT there is a TSB and a fix involving new hardware and a screen tray - I had it done to my car. It was covered by Audi. check it out. Scott
Hmmm okay. Is this fix covered by warranty? Or is it only to certain year?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

mine was no charge - warranty repair. I didn't really notice it that much - my service guy did and said that it is a free repair so I might as well do it.

call up the guys at carousel Audi an say that your MMI screen is all jerky and it should NOT be the way the screen moves on this type of vehicle...isn't there a TSB for this? Nod while you say that last part....

Last edited by Silver42; 10-02-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Silver42
mine was no charge - warranty repair. I didn't really notice it that much - my service guy did and said that it is a free repair so I might as well do it. call up the guys at carousel Audi an say that your MMI screen is all jerky and it should NOT be the way the screen moves on this type of vehicle...isn't there a TSB for this? Nod while you say that last part....
Ohh ok. I'm in Missouri closest Audi dealership is about an hour and a half drive.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

ahhh saw the 612 and assumed it was an area code which is Minneapolis (grew up there..). Srry about that!

Quick Reply: Need serviced?