Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New 2012 A6 Premium Plus + Sport Package owner

Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012 A6 Premium Plus + Sport Package owner

Hi all,

I just purchased a CPO 2012 Moonlight Blue A6 Premium Plus with Sport Package with 27.5K miles. Any recommendations in terms of pro tips or things I should be aware of? I'm also looking for help with the following:
  • Recommendations on a phone mount for the dash just to the left of the MMI?
  • Any solution for using my phone for mobile internet vs having to pay T-Mobile each month for worse coverage and slower service (I'm a Verizon customer).
  • Is there a maps update for the Nav system? Even in the short time I've owned the car, I've noticed that the map data is far from accurate where I live (California)
  • I'm wondering if there is a way to hack the MMI to address the issues above and others. For example, I'd like the scroll wheel to zoom in on the map when I rotate it clockwise (the current config is counter intuitive)
Old 01-16-2014, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TallMartin
Hi all,
  • Recommendations on a phone mount for the dash just to the left of the MMI?
  • Any solution for using my phone for mobile internet vs having to pay T-Mobile each month for worse coverage and slower service (I'm a Verizon customer).
  • Is there a maps update for the Nav system? Even in the short time I've owned the car, I've noticed that the map data is far from accurate where I live (California)
  • I'm wondering if there is a way to hack the MMI to address the issues above and others. For example, I'd like the scroll wheel to zoom in on the map when I rotate it clockwise (the current config is counter intuitive)
Everything except the first is answered in the forum. See "Get yer' Prepaid Audi Connect!" for the sim question. I just answered the current map data, its 5.5.6 and you probably already have something very close. No, you can't "hack" the MMI.

You'll get used to the MMI. More important issue would most likely be what version of MMI you have. That's also in the forum.