Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New 2016 A6 delivered last night - first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2016 A6 delivered last night - first impressions

After placing an order for my new A6 back at the beginning of February, I took delivery last night. Great delivery experience from Chantilly Audi and I was basically in and out of there in an hour.

The car is fantastic, and I'm extremely pleased with the A6. I've only driven about fifteen miles on it but some quick first impressions:

- This car is going to be an awesome long distance cruiser, and it doesn't mind getting tossed around a bit. It's replacing a S5 Cabriolet but I don't feel like I'm losing too much in the sporty driving department.

- The A6 3.0T is plenty fast. I had a little heartburn over not getting the S6 but I did a "50mph to 75mph" acceleration move on the highway this morning and the car really stepped in to it - no hesitation.

- I'm glad I didn't get the sports suspension. For me, the Audi has a relatively firm ride to start with. I just wouldn't want any more noise or impact from the terrible roads here in Northern Virginia than what I'm getting now.

- I need to replace the 18" wheels with 19". I'll keep these wheels for dedicated snow tires. I thought the 18"s wouldn't bother me...but they bother me a little.

- The dashboard housing for the head-up display is ugly. It looks bolted on. I know Audi plans to correct this but I suppose I just have to get over it. The functionality is amazing though.

- Is the B&O worth almost $5K over the base stereo? Probably not but it does sound fantastic.

- AudiConnect seems half-baked. I'll have more to say on that in a future post.

I'm getting quotes for Xpel and a paint coating. All the xpel quotes are coming in at between $1600-$1800 for a full front covering. If anyone has alternatives let me know.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What is your feeling on the seats?
Old 04-28-2015, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome
Old 04-28-2015, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations! Looks great...but what is it that bothers you about the 18" wheels?
Old 04-28-2015, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Welcome to the C7 club.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those EXPEL quotes are about right for full hood, fenders and bumper. Make sure you request the ULTIMATE and they actually put that product on your car. It is a quality clear bra and know one in the industry offers a 10 year warranty for their clear bra product like EXPEL does.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=Webtoker;24680914]What is your feeling on the seats?[/QUOTE

Initial impression is that the seats are great. The ventilation feature works much better than the version on my 2011 S5 where I got the upgraded "comfort" seats.

The real test should be this weekend as I've got a 6+ hours trip planned.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Diogenes
Congratulations! Looks great...but what is it that bothers you about the 18" wheels?
It's an aesthetic thing. I like the way 19" fill out the wheel well. Actually, I like 20"'s better but don't want to put up with decreased ride quality.

I always planned to set up dedicated snows on this car so it's not a big deal.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toramo1
It's an aesthetic thing. I like the way 19" fill out the wheel well. Actually, I like 20"'s better but don't want to put up with decreased ride quality.

I always planned to set up dedicated snows on this car so it's not a big deal.
19s by themselves make no difference in filling up the wheel well if you put the correct size tire in the car. There is just more wheel and less tire sidewall. The OD should stay the same.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats toramo on your car! I got mine last Thursday.
Agree with your comments, overall exceptional car but has one thing that is driving me nuts is that Auto stop feature now does not stay disabled after you shut down the car. Did you notice that too?

Quick Reply: New 2016 A6 delivered last night - first impressions