Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New to c7 a6 community, need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
What country are you in?
I am in the US and have a bought-new 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus. My car has the mark at the 6 o’clock position on the mirror **** that enables one to fold the mirrors and as well as the option in the MMI to have them fold automatically when the car is shut down.
The fact that your Prestige does not have this seems very odd, unless you are in a different country where the standard items are different from US-spec.
Could the car have been in an accident and a cheapo repair done using the door or inner door panel from an A6 that did not have the feature? Curious in any event.
I live in Seattle, WA. The carfax was clean and and no signs of an accident. It is an Audi certified pre-owned and they can't lie on this. But I have no idea why I don't have that option for power folding.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I checked the order guide for 2013 and found that power folding mirrors only came on A6’s with Audi Side Assist, even Prestige models. There were three options that included Side Assist (Innovation Package for Prestige; Driver Assistance Package for Premium Plus and Prestige; Side Assist for Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige). It appears that your car does not have any of these options.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So is there any way I could get it done?? Retrofit or something like that??
Old 03-27-2015, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bummer! My car is a 2013 Premium Plus and it has the folding mirrors. However, I do have Side Assist as well. I use this all the time as I have it set so that the mirrors fold automatically whenever I lock the car. Very nice feature and it is too bad that your car does not have it especially since it's a Prestige model.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm I have a 13 Prestige without any of the packages listed above and I do not have folding mirrors.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Per my order guide, the A6 MY2013 power folding mirrors came with either the Driver Assistance, Innovation or Audi Side Assist packages only. If the car did not include one of these, there were no power side mirrors. Later model year options may be different. Mystery solved.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Alright guys I got that part. But my last post was a question about getting power fold mirrors if there is any way to get that?? I mean by getting it installed.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by surrey18
It is an Audi certified pre-owned and they can't lie on this.
I hate to say it but a quick glance around the forums will show you that CPO doesn't necessary mean nothing's ever happened to the car. There are plenty of example where people have found damage or other issues not disclosed in the CPO paperwork.

Not sure about an aftermarket upgrade on the mirrors... it would likely cost you so much that it would be more beneficial to just trade-in the car.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Of course you could have them installed but as mentioned, the hardware and modifications will cost probably around 2-3k
Old 03-28-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by surrey18
Alright guys I got that part. But my last post was a question about getting power fold mirrors if there is any way to get that?? I mean by getting it installed.
It would be a easy job to mechanically bolt on a pair of eBay folding mirrors. Having them operate like the factory installed mirrors might be more difficult.

They have a DC motor and the switch reverses the polarity for the "in/out" function. Same as the switch that controls the mirror adjustment, power windows and power seats.

If the car is wired, it's as simple as plugging in the new components. If it's not wired, it would be more difficult but not impossible. It's only low voltage DC using low tech magnetic theory.

Quick Reply: New to c7 a6 community, need help!!