Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New member, idle issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by kevrhof
To also add, I've never emptied the tank since I bought the car (used) a month ago. I'm reading that if theres scoring on the spark plugs it could be bad gas and the car should be ran almost empty THEN the plugs changed
Same tank of gas since you bought the car? I'll say it again, run a few tankfuls of Top Tier premium through it.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pour a bottle of Lucas Fuel Treatment into the gas tank before your next fill up.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed some vibration sitting at idle in my 2012 A4, when I had the car in for service I had a loaner and it felt the same (both a Q5 and A6). Might not be as bad as your is showing with the water (though hard to tell how it feels), but I think it's kind of a characteristic of them. Really I would expect them to fix that through the years, but it must be too much to redesign or something. The loaners were a 2013 and 2015 if I remember right.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Awesome
I have noticed some vibration sitting at idle in my 2012 A4, when I had the car in for service I had a loaner and it felt the same (both a Q5 and A6). Might not be as bad as your is showing with the water (though hard to tell how it feels), but I think it's kind of a characteristic of them. Really I would expect them to fix that through the years, but it must be too much to redesign or something. The loaners were a 2013 and 2015 if I remember right.
I like the 2nd part of your signature. Made me chuckle. What's the bike in the profile pic?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same idle as you described on and off slight vibration, one of those things that you almost have to concentrate to notice!
I've driven over 15k since and done major service on the car and took it to dealer on may occasions and scan my car (VCDS) often and no codes nor did the dealer find anything.
After driving another A6 same as mine i realized it's just the way the car is and my friend whose car i drove never noticed the "issue".

Hope that helps.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well so heres an update on the car.

-The car had an induction service done at the audi dealership.
-Update to the engine computer done
-Spark plugs changed
-Gas tank emptied and refueled with top tier gas
-Performance shop thinks its drivers side motor mount, sending their findings to Audi dealership

So now I wait to see what they say. Performance shop said they thought it was odd the motor mounts were on the chassis and not the subframe like other german cars they work on? This is my first Audi and my previous cars are all honda / acura so I have no idea about that
Old 11-03-2016, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kevrhof
-Performance shop thinks its drivers side motor mount, sending their findings to Audi dealership
I find it peculiar that the motor mounts in Audis can need replacing, sometime at such low mileages. Maybe I am just naïve but I have never heard of this occurring on the lower tier brands let alone vehicles of such prestige...
Old 11-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car idles as smooth as silk...I often visually check the tach to make sure it is still running when I am parked.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
I like the 2nd part of your signature. Made me chuckle. What's the bike in the profile pic?
That's a 2011 Yamaha FZ8, love the bike, but just a little shy on power! Eventually I will trade up to a BMW S1000R, FZ10, or FZ1 and mod it out. I'm not even sure why, I never get out and ride, I only put about 100 miles on it year!
Old 11-04-2016, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dr Awesome
That's a 2011 Yamaha FZ8, love the bike, but just a little shy on power! Eventually I will trade up to a BMW S1000R, FZ10, or FZ1 and mod it out. I'm not even sure why, I never get out and ride, I only put about 100 miles on it year!
I have a 14 FZ8 with exhaust PCV and few other mods...
Just enough for a city/weekend bike!

Quick Reply: New member, idle issue?