Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New member- New TDI

Old 10-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member- New TDI

Hello everyone my name is Dan. I live in Arizona. This car is hands down the best vehicle iv'e ever driven.. the torque makes for such a effortless driving experience. Combined with the MPG's it makes for a perfect match. I bought it used from my local dealer and got a fantastic deal on her. This is my first post on this forum but iv'e been a Audi owner since 2006 (R.I.P. A4 2.0t..) just never really thought about joining a forum. There is some really good information here i'm looking forward to learning all about my new car. Iv'e been around diesels for 10+ years I also have a 2001 Cummins for my work/fun truck and now adding another diesel to the garage I couldn't be happier.
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2014, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see you got the opitional gravity defeat system from Audi!!

Congrats on the purchase!!
Old 10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Djones87
Hello everyone my name is Dan. I live in Arizona. This car is hands down the best vehicle iv'e ever driven.. the torque makes for such a effortless driving experience. Combined with the MPG's it makes for a perfect match. I bought it used from my local dealer and got a fantastic deal on her. This is my first post on this forum but iv'e been a Audi owner since 2006 (R.I.P. A4 2.0t..) just never really thought about joining a forum. There is some really good information here i'm looking forward to learning all about my new car. Iv'e been around diesels for 10+ years I also have a 2001 Cummins for my work/fun truck and now adding another diesel to the garage I couldn't be happier.
Congrats. Any comments about noise inside vs gas engines?
Old 10-26-2014, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! I had an X5 diesel for 3 years. Loved the torque and endless power. I am currently considering the A6 diesel for my next vehicle!
Old 10-26-2014, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum Dan!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah.. not sure why the picture uploaded up side down haha. There isn't any editing features on this forum to try and fix it so I guess it'll just have to stay that way.

Faithkeep- The diesel is a little bit more noticeable than the gas engines but that's to be expected. It's by no means annoying or to much to handle though. When the windows are up and the radio is at a moderate volume you can't hear the motor at all. Even with the radio down it's still fairly quiet. I prefer the windows down and mid throttle- the car has some nice spool and it sounds great. I guess after driving a Rattle box 12 second dodge around for eons- no matter what I drive is quiet ha. Averaged 39mpg on the way home from the dealership @ 75mph. Hit 105 like it's no ones business and it dropped to 31.. even at that- i'll take it.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I'm sure i'll be toying with the car sooner or later.. Audio, Wheels, LED interior lights (not sure why they don't come factory..), Tune/exhaust, intake and aftermarket turbo compressor wheel. -All depending on what I can and cannot do due to the 6 year CPO warranty. I'm assuming you can't do much.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

LED interior lights do come from the factory in the Prestige.

You'll really like it as I am very happy with my car.

Leave the turbo alone. Tuning will void any warranty you have but you tear into that turbo and it's over. Audi won't touch the car.