Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Newbie A6 questions

Old 09-14-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie A6 questions

Are there any options other than wood grains? I am looking to buy an A6 3.0t in the next month and am really not loving the wood textures. I am surprised there isn't even an aluminum finish (not that its better, just lack of options).

Also, how is the stereo? The sales person kept turning it down a little to talk. I am a commuter and love to hear a great stereo (funding issues will prevent me from getting a prestige for the B&O (can't get rid of the wife to fund a nicer car..ha ha ha)).

Lastly, I have been known to do a few HPDE's. Can anyone talk me out of that with the car....(sort of joking, mostly serious).

Are there any better options or bang for the buck packages when pricing these out? i.e. led headlamps (available on the 2014 I am leaning towards, is it worth it?)

Thanks everyone.

Also, front brakes are 2 piston (look large enough to be a 4pot but the construction leads to conventional).?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Aluminum trim was an option in 2014 (I have it and like it with the all black interior), but does not appear to be an option for 2015.

I have the Bose stereo in mine...it's Ok, but the Harmon Kardon system n my wife's ML blows it away (and for only $850 vs $5900 for B&O).

Love my LED headlights....provide great lighting and look great.

Last edited by audi40; 09-14-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I suppose the trim can be purchased from audi too.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Driver assist and the night vision I wish I had. The Bose is fine just play with the settings. In particular the amount of surround effect vs base at the volume level you usually prefer. Enjoy!
Old 09-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SamLV
Driver assist and the night vision I wish I had. The Bose is fine just play with the settings. In particular the amount of surround effect vs base at the volume level you usually prefer. Enjoy!
Nightvision is a waste. Had it on the A6, have it on the 750, never used/use it on either. Only reason to get it is for the HUD.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ah. I want it when tearing around a couple of roads here known for deer. I suppose at those speeds it may not matter.

The lane change warning, well, I think that could be nice.

One thing I noticed right away is how clear the glass is on an Audi. I had to get the windows tinted a bit to make it more comfortable. After that, I noticed that the Caddy I drive from time to time is tinted. Never occurred to me. I don't think most dealers will tint.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk you out of a track day? Haha. Enjoy those days. If you get the mod bug it will only make those days even more enjoyable. I regret that I let summer slip by and forgot to reserve some space this year for that. There is always next summer.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I finally took delivery of my 2014 a6 prestige. I really like the car, totally not a Subaru sti anymore.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Waaazooo
So I finally took delivery of my 2014 a6 prestige. I really like the car, totally not a Subaru sti anymore.
Congrats! I just picked up my '12 prestige, also today. I'm a BMW convert and sold my M3 a couple months ago. I was missing it until I got my A6 today...that quattro makes it so much fun to drive.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
Congrats! I just picked up my '12 prestige, also today. I'm a BMW convert and sold my M3 a couple months ago. I was missing it until I got my A6 today...that quattro makes it so much fun to drive.
Congrats to you too. I came from a Subaru sti. I'm pretty happy so far I need to learn the mini and other tech features I don't know how to use?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie A6 questions