Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Nice Article

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice Article

Found this article this morning and think it touches on a lot of what makes the A6 a luxury car. Diesel or not, you'd be driving a wonderful car.

The Audi A6 TDI Is Everything a Diesel Driver Should Be - Bloomberg Business

Last edited by DasA6; 07-24-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DasA6
Found this article this morning and think it touches on a lot of what makes the A6 a luxury car. Diesel or not, you'd be driving a wonderful car.

The Audi A6 TDI Is Everything a Diesel Driver Should Be - Bloomberg Business
Thanks, good article.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Gotta say, the article is spot on. After a 12+ hour day traveling home from business trip to Mexico today, got into my TDI @ Boston's Logan airport around 8:30 tonite and made the 61 mile trip home in exactly 61 minutes. Had minimal traffic to contend with coming out of Boston and on the highway was running between 75-85mph. Had the Sirius radio playing some good tunes, the nav system on, A/C on and ventilated seats on low. The sport suspension handled the highway twisties/bends @ speed with ease and I was blowing by every car in sight - LED headlights with the "driving lights" activated provided great illumination and really moved other cars out the way. The paddle shifters were also great to slow down when coming up on slower moving traffic and downshifting to pass other cars. After a long day of travel, the car truly put a smile on my face which was even bigger when I pulled into the garage and the kids ran out to welcome me home. And to top it all off, the trip computer was showing an indicated 40.6 mpg when I shut it down. I've had the car almost 2 years and 30k miles now, and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in it.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audi40
Gotta say, the article is spot on. After a 12+ hour day traveling home from business trip to Mexico today, got into my TDI @ Boston's Logan airport around 8:30 tonite and made the 61 mile trip home in exactly 61 minutes. Had minimal traffic to contend with coming out of Boston and on the highway was running between 75-85mph. Had the Sirius radio playing some good tunes, the nav system on, A/C on and ventilated seats on low. The sport suspension handled the highway twisties/bends @ speed with ease and I was blowing by every car in sight - LED headlights with the "driving lights" activated provided great illumination and really moved other cars out the way. The paddle shifters were also great to slow down when coming up on slower moving traffic and downshifting to pass other cars. After a long day of travel, the car truly put a smile on my face which was even bigger when I pulled into the garage and the kids ran out to welcome me home. And to top it all off, the trip computer was showing an indicated 40.6 mpg when I shut it down. I've had the car almost 2 years and 30k miles now, and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in it.
Very nice
Old 07-25-2015, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Great write up. Young kids are great. Enjoy them! When they become teenagers they stop doing that.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Young kids are great. Enjoy them! When they become teenagers they stop doing that.
Guess I'm lucky then, since my daughter just turned 15 (and son's 11)
Old 07-25-2015, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Guess I'm lucky then, since my daughter just turned 15 (and son's 11)
With my girls 15 was the beginning of the "teenage years". My eldest emerged around 17.5. I am still waiting for my youngest to emerge. She is a couple of months shy of 17. It is an experience!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great article. Thanks for posting it. I'm now at 45k miles and still get a smile on my face in this car. I enjoy it more now than when I first picked it up almost 2 years ago, and that's a pretty good reference point for any car.