Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

NO CD CHANGER

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
I believe there's a USB cable available for the AMI. Regardless, why not just upload the files to the jukebox if you don't want to use the SD cards.
You are right, there is a USB Cable.

If the following ebay auction is correct, then the Audi Part # is 4F0-051-510-G
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Audi-AMI...4#ht_803wt_952
Old 02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I contacted my dealer who contacted Audi and I am getting a check for the CD changer cost. Too bad... I really WANT the CD changer. Without it, the ONLY way to hear uncompressed music is the single CD/DVD slot. All media is 320Kbits max which sounds really crappy in comparison to lossless (but tolerable for most uses).

I'm still lamenting the fact that 1981 technology sounds vastly better than todays mainstream tech... the world is full of tone deaf kids who have no idea how good music can sound (*sigh*).

Anyone who has a 6 disc changer want to sell theirs? I imagine it is a relatively simple cable hookup.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by toneman82
Thanks for the info. I contacted my dealer who contacted Audi and I am getting a check for the CD changer cost. Too bad... I really WANT the CD changer. Without it, the ONLY way to hear uncompressed music is the single CD/DVD slot. All media is 320Kbits max which sounds really crappy in comparison to lossless (but tolerable for most uses).

I'm still lamenting the fact that 1981 technology sounds vastly better than todays mainstream tech... the world is full of tone deaf kids who have no idea how good music can sound (*sigh*).

Anyone who has a 6 disc changer want to sell theirs? I imagine it is a relatively simple cable hookup.
Well, think about it this way...instead of just a regular CD Changer, you can order the DVD/CD Changer for the glove. It is a Euro option, so you'll have to order it from a European dealer.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Found this in a local dealers inventory:
http://www.dchaudioxnard.com/new/Aud...?ddcref=aoadag

If you look at the last picture in the gallery, it shows the credit for the missing CD Changer
Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I contacted my dealer and ended up getting a check for the credit.

AND I figured out a way around the lack of CD changer. See my thread on burning a 'music DVD'. I can get 11 or so CDs on a DVD with LPCM 24/28 data just like a CD (same audio quality). So I don't need the changer.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by toneman82
I contacted my dealer and ended up getting a check for the credit.
You should have no problem. When my car was ordered in late december Audi had just stopped shipping the C7s with CD changers. With that change my quote was reduced by the list value of the CD changer. (it actually brought the price of my presitge under 60k!)

I just heard that my A6 is on the boat and on schedule to take delivery on March12!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Found this in a local dealers inventory:
http://www.dchaudioxnard.com/new/Aud...?ddcref=aoadag

If you look at the last picture in the gallery, it shows the credit for the missing CD Changer
Nice find Manish!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Nice find Manish!
Thanks dcmetro! trying to keep up with the standard of research around here
Old 02-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

maybe this is a regional thing. My US model 2012 A6 prestige comes with the sd card slots as well as a cd changer in the glove box
Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by day1yun
maybe this is a regional thing. My US model 2012 A6 prestige comes with the sd card slots as well as a cd changer in the glove box
It's based on when the car was assembled. My dealer told me that all models that were produced and shipped after December 2011 do not have the CD changer and provide a $350 credit on the MSRP.

Quick Reply: NO CD CHANGER