Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Park Assist and Side Assist retrofit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Assist and Side Assist retrofit.

Hi

I have retrofitted the Park Assist and the Side Assist but don't know where to activate it. I have VCDS 12.12.0 but don't know what bytes to activate.
I have added the Side Assist to gateway installation list but need to enable it also (think is steering wheel control unit (16)).
Same thing with Park Assist. 360 degrees view works but need also to enable p.assist function in either (drivers door c.unit(42) or c.electronics (09)).

Need help please.

Greetings from Sweden!
Old 06-02-2015, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sany98
Hi

I have retrofitted the Park Assist and the Side Assist but don't know where to activate it. I have VCDS 12.12.0 but don't know what bytes to activate.
I have added the Side Assist to gateway installation list but need to enable it also (think is steering wheel control unit (16)).
Same thing with Park Assist. 360 degrees view works but need also to enable p.assist function in either (drivers door c.unit(42) or c.electronics (09)).

Need help please.

Greetings from Sweden!
Hi,
Sorry I'm no help to your question, but curious, do you mean you've added the Top View surround camera view to your car that did not have it originally? I'm researching to do this myself.

Thank you.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any updates?

Also researching. I'll post any info I find.

Thanks.

Hi

Need help please.

Greetings from Sweden!
Old 08-25-2015, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ExpertGeek
Also researching. I'll post any info I find.

Thanks.
From the top of my mind you need to code the following modules for the side assist only:

- driver door
- the side assist computers ( the ones in the rear bumper)
- the image processing unit
- the front radars ( ACC)
- activate it in gateway can ( installation list)
- activate it on MMI ( to change the intensity of the leds in the mirrors)
- ( need to double check) activate it on central electrics unit
- i don't remember having to code the steering wheel if you already have lane assist.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi

Need help please.

Greetings from Sweden!
I hope you figured out the park assist. I definitely figured out the top view and loving the retrofit. Hoping you can post your progress so we can compare notes and share with rest of community.

Thank you.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi

Need help please.

Greetings from Sweden!

what happened with the park assist retrofit? I’m looking into doing this now and interested in the coding changes. What year is your A6?
Old 12-14-2018, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
I hope you figured out the park assist. I definitely figured out the top view and loving the retrofit. Hoping you can post your progress so we can compare notes and share with rest of community.

Thank you.
how in-depth was the top view retrofit? Had to run the wires to the mirrors and front bumper?

nvm, just saw your write up. Still nothing on park assist?

Last edited by Wuplur; 12-14-2018 at 10:31 PM.