Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You must parallel park mostly on the driver's side of one way streets?
Actually, I mostly park in a perpendicular parking space, where I always back into it and use the drivers side mirror. I recon I'll need to get used to using an un-tilted mirror........
Old 06-23-2016, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default The mirror doesn't return to the right position

I'd activate the tilt down for the passanger mirror, but when I switch the button to the center, the mirror don't returns to the right position, (I can see the sky on it ). Does anyone know how I can fix it?
Old 06-23-2016, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Melvisjr
I'd activate the tilt down for the passanger mirror, but when I switch the button to the center, the mirror don't returns to the right position, (I can see the sky on it ). Does anyone know how I can fix it?
You have to first put the transmission in R (reverse) and then tilt the mirror down. If you selected the right mirror and tilted it down while in D or P the car sees that as the position you want all the time. By putting it in R (reverse) first, it tells the car you want that angle only when in R. Make sure you did it that way and then it should return to the forward driving position you have set once the mirror **** is back in the middle position.
The following users liked this post:
Bill Houston (02-08-2021)
Old 09-13-2016, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Mirror tilt

Do you have to have the power folding mirrors for this option? I don't have the power fold option and can't get this to work. Help!
Old 09-13-2016, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by johnkfrazee@gmail.com
Do you have to have the power folding mirrors for this option? I don't have the power fold option and can't get this to work. Help!
I wouldn't think having the power fold would make a difference. Have you followed the directions about setting the passenger mirror to point down when the shift lever is in reverse?
Old 09-13-2016, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I wouldn't think having the power fold would make a difference. Have you followed the directions about setting the passenger mirror to point down when the shift lever is in reverse?
I tried that and after reviewing the manual there is an asterisk which indicates that I need the power fold mirrors. Sucks but oh well.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Well, I guess that answers it.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by denvig
Thanks for pointing this out I knew this had to be there. When I got the cat the sales person said it didn't do this because it had the back-up camera and side sensors instead. I knew he was wrong, Thanks for the tip.
Side note based on your comment...I cannot remember the last time I talked to a car salesman that truly knew all the details of the cars he was selling. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, GM cars, etc. I don't know if they are lazy or they think the customers don't know anything....but I would think that if I was an Audi salesman there are only a handful of vehicles and learning the features and different details of options would take some time, but hey...if it's your living, how do you not do that? And many times I found the sales person giving me bad information. So if they don't know many times they fake an answer. You would think at least create a few cheat sheets and look it up if you are not sure. Heck Audi makes the cheat sheets they probably have a book full of them.

A little time on the Internet for me to refresh my knowledge of current A6 models and packages, and I knew way more than my salesman did about the 2015-2016-2017 A6. Way more. I found myself informing him, vs the other way around. And I am not exaggerating. And this has been my experience with every car sales person, for years. Always makes me shake my head. And I am talking basics like engines available and what are the differences between them. It's almost like the only training they get is how to write up a deal. And no interest in learning it on their own.

I am sure there are lots of car sales people who do know their stuff. There has to be. Maybe I just have bad luck of the draw with sales people. Or maybe I am just way more interested in cars...lol.

Last edited by El Gato; 09-14-2016 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by El Gato
Side note based on your comment...I cannot remember the last time I talked to a car salesman that truly knew all the details of the cars he was selling. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, GM cars, etc. I don't know if they are lazy or they think the customers don't know anything....but I would think that if I was an Audi salesman there are only a handful of vehicles and learning the features and different details of options would take some time, but hey...if it's your living, how do you not do that? And many times I found the sales person giving me bad information. So if they don't know many times they fake an answer. You would think at least create a few cheat sheets and look it up if you are not sure. Heck Audi makes the cheat sheets they probably have a book full of them.

A little time on the Internet for me to refresh my knowledge of current A6 models and packages, and I knew way more than my salesman did about the 2015-2016-2017 A6. Way more. I found myself informing him, vs the other way around. And I am not exaggerating. And this has been my experience with every car sales person, for years. Always makes me shake my head. And I am talking basics like engines available and what are the differences between them. It's almost like the only training they get is how to write up a deal. And no interest in learning it on their own.

I am sure there are lots of car sales people who do know their stuff. There has to be. Maybe I just have bad luck of the draw with sales people. Or maybe I am just way more interested in cars...lol.
I think you just delivered the genesis of the phrase "saleshole" lol
Old 09-14-2016, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I think you just delivered the genesis of the phrase "saleshole" lol
Lol

Quick Reply: Passenger Mirror Tilt in Reverse