Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Pirelli Scorpion Verde

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Installed Scorpion Verde All Season Plus on my wife's RX 350 last year and have been impressed with performance in Cleveland weather (rain/snow). She was tickled pink that her car was handling much better than those around here while driving in a few snowstorms. Significant improvement over the OEM Bridgestone.....would not hesitate to recommend that you install on the Q5. My 2 cents.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How good are those Goodyear OE tires that come with the 2016 A6 3.0T?

Reading this thread, I am very tempted to get the DSW 06 tires.

And if you buy them from TireRack, where do you have them mounted? Especially if your car is still under warranty? Send the tires to your local Audi dealer for installation, or use an indie car shop?
Old 04-29-2016, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thehaviet
How good are those Goodyear OE tires that come with the 2016 A6 3.0T?

Reading this thread, I am very tempted to get the DSW 06 tires.

And if you buy them from TireRack, where do you have them mounted? Especially if your car is still under warranty? Send the tires to your local Audi dealer for installation, or use an indie car shop?
Tire rack has a section where you can put in your zip code and it'll list all the stores that will mount and balance them for you. Some even give you discounted pricing for tire rack customers
FYI...I find that discounttiredirect.com to have better pricing because they have free shipping something tire rack doesn't have. NTB will mount and balance for under $100 since they have that deal with DTD. I've used NTB near where I live and never an issue with them. Tires are always balanced correctly. This is if you have a NTB where you are.

Last edited by dshahs420; 04-29-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dshahs420
Tire rack has a section where you can put in your zip code and it'll list all the stores that will mount and balance them for you. Some even give you discounted pricing for tire rack customers

Thanks. Will it have any affect on your Audi warranty if you have your tire mounted outside of an Audi dealership?
Old 04-29-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Will it have any affect on your Audi warranty if you have your tire mounted outside of an Audi dealership?
Nope. Google Magnusson Moss Act and you'll find out why it doesn't affect warranty.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dshahs420
Nope. Google Magnusson Moss Act and you'll find out why it doesn't affect warranty.

Will do. Thanks

Does TR ships the tires directly to your chosen installer?
Old 04-29-2016, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Will do. Thanks

Does TR ships the tires directly to your chosen installer?
Yes they do. Just let the installer know to expect them.

You should also look at discounttiredirect.com. They are usually cheaper than tire rack.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberdentist
.... But then I took my car to Costco and they recommended that i could just change 2 tires and use the same brand/model tire that is on the other two - Pirelli P Zero's. ...
Bulk price generic parts store for cost savings (Costco) has recommendations for a German luxury car??? Whaaaaat????

I'm sorry but this feels like going to a 99-cent store to get a cubic zirconia to replace a diamond that fell off a piece of diamond covered jewelry. Not to mention the complete lack of experience and understanding of the refined machine that is Audi.

Sorry, not intending to be rude... just trying to make a point I believe. But to each their own.

Good luck no matter what your final decision is. I think your initial buy is a good choice for the price, and be cautious who you get advice on how to repair/maintain your Audi. Business is business. Everyone wants your money regardless of actual experience or their complete lack of business ethics. I agree with other's who have stated that you get what you pay for.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check out eBay! Discount Tire or Tire Rack both have storefronts there and you get an additional $50 off $300. Buy 2 tires at a time to save $100 on 4 tires.

I bought my Conti DWS06 from Tirebuyer.com (they were the cheapest) and they also ship directly to Installers. Shipping is free with Tirebuyer but they charge tax in California.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

how do you get the $50 discount for 2 tires? is there a coupon code?

Quick Reply: Pirelli Scorpion Verde