Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Placed an order for 2016 A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Placed an order for 2016 A6

Finally after few difficult months of waiting for Pricing on MY 16, placed an order for 2016 A6 3.0, Tornado Grey, Velvet Beige, SLine Sport, Driver Assist, Multi Contour seats and Night Vision.
Was a very hard decision, was torn between the S6 and the A6, after having driven both decided to get the A6. S is a monster of a car, but A6 is plenty fast ( and I drove the 310HP version ) and if need more HP can always go with APR ECU and Pulley upgrade.
I was pleasantly surprised with the stock A6, did not feel like a dog comparing to my car, threw it around a few twists and it felt very competent at taking them and of course the low rpm accelerations were great.

Now the long wait begins.
Dealer told me I can expect to get the car by mid to late April.

Thank you all for your posts that helped me to make this decision.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats. I placed my order a couple weeks ago on a Ibis White A6 3.0T, Prestige, B&O and Driver Assist. Went through the same A6 vs S6 dilemma and came to the same conclusion that the A6 3.0T is plenty fast. I've got the same 3.0T engine in my S5 Cab and never felt lacking for speed.

I'll post or IM when I get any tracking info from Audi. So far I haven't gotten anything.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you! Ibis White was the other color choice I was seriously considering and congrats on your order too.
Glad I'm not the only one who felt that 3.0 was plenty fast. Sure if we had autobahns here without potholes, my choice would be different I felt that S was too fast for the roads we have and did not want to be tempted to drive a lot faster than I should.
What was your handling impression coming from an S5 to an A6? I was pretty impressed during the test drive. Firm, predictable and surely can have some reasonable fun with.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd say this about going from my S5 cab to an A6 - it's a different driving experience but not radically different. My S5 has 19" wheels, a sport diff, and adjustable suspension - and the wheelbase is shorter. So its definitely a sportier ride than the A6, especially on the twisties.

But the A6 is nimble and reasonably sporty. In fact, I didn't see the need for the sports suspension on the A6 though I may throw some 19" wheels on there for looks. Also, the new A6 will actually be a couple hundred pounds lower weight than my S5 with about the same HP (333).
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got an email from Audi yesterday that the car has entered Production so I guess can expect it by Mid-April as was told by the dealer.
Did you get your delivery date yet?
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got a note a couple weeks ago form Audi communications indicating that my A6 is in the "ordered" stage. And that "As your A6 moves toward your driveway, we will continue to update you at each major milestone." Nothing other than that so far. I'm still hopeful for an April delivery, probably late-April at this stage.

Last edited by toramo1; 03-03-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I got a note today about my A6 going in to production, and that the next update would come when the car is in port at Emden. Looks like an end-of-April delivery for my car.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's the same note I got. Wonder how long the production takes and I think from lurking on the forums before, I saw that they would give us the VIN numbers once those are available.
I was told by my dealer to expect the car by April 13th, which is exciting, hope the actual date will be close and for sure hope not to be disappointed with the contour seats, this was a blind purchase since I did not see them, just assumed what they are.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice specs all around. I too opted for the 3.0T over the 4.0T for the same reasons. Be sure to post lots of pica when that thing arrives. I'm curious to see the tornado grey in real life. Did you get the black optics?
Old 03-12-2015, 05:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I made myself choose between the B&O and the Contour Seats. In the end my dealer had no info on the seats and I couldn't find anything on-line in terms of a comparison so I went with the upgraded stereo. But I'm sure the seat are going to be fantastic.

Quick Reply: Placed an order for 2016 A6