Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Please Help!! Trying to choose between 2 C7's!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PepeA6
True on higher prices in WA (Seattle here as well)...
I was on the same boat like you for the last 6 months, been watching the market for a year+. I watched inventory nationwide.

I stumbled on the used CPO 2012 Prestige, opted as if I ordered it new, low miles etc (University Audi).
Did I pay extra for a local pristine car? Yep! Is it 100% what I want? Yep!
Good luck with the search and I agree with all of the above votes to go Prestige. The only thing that pisses me off about Prestige/LED is the fact that I cannot see it rolling down the road as I drive I feel deprived. C7A6 are few and far between in general...

Ben at University is spectacular to deal with--drop him a note if you decide to search and wait for a local one: benATuvwaudi.com
This is very helpful, thanks Pepe. Yes I've been searching for some time now as well...it's hard to stay patient haha. The market up here is very tight as you know, so waiting for that right one could take a long time and be at a pretty high premium compared to what's available in SoCal, for example.

I will check out the Seattle dealers' inventory more closely and maybe need to expand my budget perhaps...
Old 09-16-2014, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

One idea is to wait a while, wait for almost exactly what you want, then pounce. That's what I did. As a bonus, in under a week they dropped the price $6K. I had it inspected and wired the down money to be sure it was snagged.

And by the way, the white on black is just sexy. Everybody has a black sedan.... And white, absolutely, looks cleaner and paint swirls are nearly invisible.

The wheels, yep, that's definitely something to change on the white one you have in mind. That's not too hard. I saw the 20's advertised on this forum I think the other day. And you'd jettison the Pzero stock summer tires fast, just on noise alone, anyway.

Have fun!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ah, one big tip. On three (3) CPOs I've owned, mystery scratches appear immediately upon the first washing. I have yet to find out how they do it, but even my Audi dealer pulled it. You'll wash it, find scratches, call, and they'll act puzzled, asking if you're sure the car wash didn't do it...

So, if you can, run it through a car wash during a test drive. See if they just flip out.

And on a white car, run your hand over the metal where someone would typically bump something; I missed a little baby dent driver's side front. And I'm truly ****, and it was broad daylight. They had covered the brush mark very, very well, or I would have seen it.

Be smart and careful, then talk money.

But, if you do miss something, keep in mind the dent remover gang can restore all paint (clay/seal) smoke the windows and pull the dent, as they did in my case, for about $600.

Last edited by SamLV; 09-16-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
This is very helpful, thanks Pepe. Yes I've been searching for some time now as well...it's hard to stay patient haha. The market up here is very tight as you know, so waiting for that right one could take a long time and be at a pretty high premium compared to what's available in SoCal, for example.

I will check out the Seattle dealers' inventory more closely and maybe need to expand my budget perhaps...
So try also to search Autotrader.com For example, here's a 2013 very low mileage example with lots of warrantee left. I usually figure Depreciation at about 35-cents/mile (all other things being equal, which they rarely are, but can be close). With that in mind the difference in mileage between the 2012 Prestige you were looking at and this 2013 one is 41,000 miles. That would calculate to a Price difference in value of $14,000. Even if you assumed a very low depreciation of 25-cents/mile you'd still get over $10,000 difference--plus 1 year newer.

Cars for Sale: 2013 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro in Bellevue, WA 98005: Sedan Details - 378335813 - AutoTrader.com
Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SamLV
One idea is to wait a while, wait for almost exactly what you want, then pounce. That's what I did. As a bonus, in under a week they dropped the price $6K. I had it inspected and wired the down money to be sure it was snagged.

And by the way, the white on black is just sexy. Everybody has a black sedan.... And white, absolutely, looks cleaner and paint swirls are nearly invisible.

The wheels, yep, that's definitely something to change on the white one you have in mind. That's not too hard. I saw the 20's advertised on this forum I think the other day. And you'd jettison the Pzero stock summer tires fast, just on noise alone, anyway.

Have fun!
Thanks for the input man. I know, I know, my wife keeps saying the same thing - wait until it's EXACTLY what you want! Only issue with that is that 'exactly' what I want would be a '15 fully loaded lol. So I know I need to make concessions in some places, while still holding firm in others.

I really am torn between black and white, but you're right, white on black looks so damn clean. But I also like the 'batmobile' aspect of black on black...ugh, I guess I'll just have to get 2 A6's!! haha

Sounds like the consensus on this thread is to be more patient (did my wife put you guys up to this?!?)...I bought trip protection for my flight to CA, so I can certainly cancel it if reason overtakes compulsion

Keep 'em coming guys!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
So try also to search Autotrader.com For example, here's a 2013 very low mileage example with lots of warrantee left. I usually figure Depreciation at about 35-cents/mile (all other things being equal, which they rarely are, but can be close). With that in mind the difference in mileage between the 2012 Prestige you were looking at and this 2013 one is 41,000 miles. That would calculate to a Price difference in value of $14,000. Even if you assumed a very low depreciation of 25-cents/mile you'd still get over $10,000 difference--plus 1 year newer.

Cars for Sale: 2013 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro in Bellevue, WA 98005: Sedan Details - 378335813 - AutoTrader.com
Funny, I actually went and looked at that one in person a couple weeks ago(that dealer is the best Audi dealer in our area) and I just couldn't get over the brown interior...really turns me off unless the car was gray or blue.

You bring up great points about mileage and depreciation though...I'm an accountant by day, so that kind of analysis is right up my alley and definitely appreciated.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Not all Prestige models are created equal. It doesn't look like it has radar or maybe some other features that you thought are on all Prestige models.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
Not all Prestige models are created equal. It doesn't look like it has radar or maybe some other features that you thought are on all Prestige models.
Radar, meaning the ACC? I think I'm pretty up to speed with what comes with each pkg vs the add'l pkgs that need to be added on...I've been doing a good amount of research. The ACC, while really awesome, is not a total MUST for me. The market is so tight on these that I'm going to have to give up some of my 'wants'...I've kinda resigned to that at this point. Alternatively I can just try and be patient and wait for that perfect one to become available, but that's so f'n hard to do!
Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
Funny, I actually went and looked at that one in person a couple weeks ago(that dealer is the best Audi dealer in our area) and I just couldn't get over the brown interior...really turns me off unless the car was gray or blue.

You bring up great points about mileage and depreciation though...I'm an accountant by day, so that kind of analysis is right up my alley and definitely appreciated.
You're an accountant by day and I'm a penurious gear-head, I guess by day and night. Anyway, I'll tell you what I did. I bought a very nice 2013 A6 Prestige last December, just the color combination I wanted Onyx Gray Exterior and Black interior. Fully loaded with everything except B&O. 8,500 miles, so it had a lot of warrantee left. Private Party sale, $55,000. That's just to give you a reference point. I didn't worry about CPO, because it was too new.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
You're an accountant by day and I'm a penurious gear-head, I guess by day and night. Anyway, I'll tell you what I did. I bought a very nice 2013 A6 Prestige last December, just the color combination I wanted Onyx Gray Exterior and Black interior. Fully loaded with everything except B&O. 8,500 miles, so it had a lot of warrantee left. Private Party sale, $55,000. That's just to give you a reference point. I didn't worry about CPO, because it was too new.
And how long were you looking before this one fell into your lap? Don't think I've seen the Onyx Gray before (does it replace the Dakota Gray from 2012?) Sounds like a kick a** one though. I always prefer to buy privately when/if possible, but (as I've said a million times on this thread) the market up here is crazy tight! Thanks for the $ reference point...my budget was in the low 40s since it's a 3rd vehicle for me, but perhaps I need to expand it if I want to be picky about the options included...

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Trying to choose between 2 C7's!!