Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Please Help!! Trying to choose between 2 C7's!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
Good thoughts here, and the worrier in me agrees with you - less mileage (though it's 17k mile difference, 30k P+ vs 47k Prestige) and longer warranty life definitely carry a lot of weight for me. I won't be averaging 15k a year - it'll be a 3rd car so mostly for fun drives on the weekend and some occasional commuting to work (45 mile RT commute).
My bad, I was looking at the 20k on factory warranty thinking that was the mileage of car#1. That isn't as bad as I thought. I think the best advise you got was to wait, but if you feel the need to dive in, like I know I probably would...cuz I'm an impatient freak, then the prestige isn't so bad.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Janello
My bad, I was looking at the 20k on factory warranty thinking that was the mileage of car#1. That isn't as bad as I thought. I think the best advise you got was to wait, but if you feel the need to dive in, like I know I probably would...cuz I'm an impatient freak, then the prestige isn't so bad.
HAHA yes I'm basically the same as you - I mean I booked a flight and hotel already for s**t's sake!

I think the consensus is that I should probably wait for the best combo to come around...and I might just have to do that.

Thanks guys for all the input - still going to be a tough call, might have to audible at the line of scrimmage...
Old 09-16-2014, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Regarding the car, I say wait until you find what you want. Audi's trim levels make it much easier to find well-equipped cars compared to BMW/MB's myriad of options.

Unfortunately you're probably out of luck in terms of picking the car up in CA and driving it home (unless you plan to pay CA tax). CA Board of Equalization (BOE) requires dealers to collect tax on the sale if possession is transferred within the state. Save the 1,100 miles and endless trip up the 5 and have your car shipped.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zooma230
Regarding the car, I say wait until you find what you want. Audi's trim levels make it much easier to find well-equipped cars compared to BMW/MB's myriad of options.

Unfortunately you're probably out of luck in terms of picking the car up in CA and driving it home (unless you plan to pay CA tax). CA Board of Equalization (BOE) requires dealers to collect tax on the sale if possession is transferred within the state. Save the 1,100 miles and endless trip up the 5 and have your car shipped.
Really good point about the simplified trim levels, now I just need to talk myself into being patient...

Um, yes I plan on paying taxes on the car in CA, if I end up getting it haha. I deal with retail taxes most every day at work, so I'm up to speed (kinda) on the interstate tax laws. Most states' counties (my county in WA does, and if anyone lives in one that doesn't, I suggest they move now) have tax credit laws where you, upon registering it in your home county and presenting the sales invoice from the out-of-state dealer, pay the difference in taxes. Orange County is 8% and where I live is a whopping 9.8%. So I'll pay the add'l 1.8% when I get my WA plates.

If the situation were flipped and you were registering the car in a country where the rate was LOWER than where it was purchased, then you just need to prove your residency in that county (there's a tax certificate that you can easily get) and the dealer will charge you your normal 'home' tax rate, and will submit your proof of residency certificate when they file their taxes.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go, drive both! Don't let black scare you..I had a black firebird and it looks amazing when clean. You'll want to clean this car, it won't be a chore.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can search across the entire country, send Carchex (or ask people here for help) to check out the exact car you want, do the entire transaction remote, then have the car shipped, if you like. Adds about $1,200 to move the car, or less.

You're exactly right with CPO -- You have to be patient. And, like you, perfect world, I'd have snagged two cars. S6 and R8. But, hey, divorce, kid in college, uncertain bonus checks and all, I didn't really 'settle' for an A6. It is like a work of art at over 100 MPH. Not that I'd know that. Ahem.

By the way, find photos of an A6 with the roof coated black and tinted windows. Then tell me which is more bad-a(s -- that, or black on black. I owned two black cars. It is a real PIA to keep the swirls invisible, hide/cover a minor scratch, and absolutely it shows dirt faster than cats run through a Purina factory. Drove me nuts.

Last edited by SamLV; 09-17-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SamLV
By the way, find photos of an A6 with the roof coated black and tinted windows. Then tell me which is more bad-a(s -- that, or black on black. I owned two black cars. It is a real PIA to keep the swirls invisible, hide/cover a minor scratch, and absolutely it shows dirt faster than cats run through a Purina factory. Drove me nuts.
That's not much of a choice - a black roof trashes the car unless it is a black car and even then it's still black.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess the car in signature is what you want. 13K miles and has CPO warranty. Running smooth and trouble free. Sadly it is not for sale.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
I guess the car in signature is what you want. 13K miles and has CPO warranty. Running smooth and trouble free. Sadly it is not for sale.
How did you get the rear/side sunshades, I though they were only offered on MY13 and newer?
Old 09-18-2014, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If it was me I would skip both and keep looking because I only wanted a prestige with low miles and LED is a must.

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Trying to choose between 2 C7's!!