Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Letter from Audi Stating Backup Camera Parts Are Available for My Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Letter from Audi Stating Backup Camera Parts Are Available for My Car

I receive a letter today from Audi stating that the backup camera was available for my car and that I can make an appointment with my dealer to install it. The letter had a special code to identify the camera to the dealer.

Hopefully these letters should be rolling out to other owners shortly. Good luck!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got mine today as well. Will be calling tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received mine over the weekend; installation appointment set up for Thursday a.m.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've seen some people complain about the poor picture quality of the cam. Please report back on the quality once you get it installed.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got my letter yesterday. Going tomorrow morning to have it installed.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my letter today, calling dealer tomorrow to setup appointment.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mickelin
I've seen some people complain about the poor picture quality of the cam. Please report back on the quality once you get it installed.
Got mine installed yesterday. The quality leaves alot to be desired. The picture is really fuzzy and low quality. In my Lexus the quality was great on an equally sized screen. Guess will just have to deal with it.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jeremystern
Got mine installed yesterday. The quality leaves alot to be desired. The picture is really fuzzy and low quality. In my Lexus the quality was great on an equally sized screen. Guess will just have to deal with it.

That's unfortunate. Mine's being installed right now, so I can give some additional input later. I really was hoping the initial reports of poor quality were exaggerated ... or referred to earlier versions, with the latest/greatest module resolving any of the screen resolution issues. At least I'll be picking mine up later with low expectations.

Frustrating to spend over 60k on a car, have it be so fantastic in so many other ways (especially with regard to technology), and then have it fall woefully short in this department. Oh, well. C'est la vie.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had mine installed today. I think the picture quality is fine, and the graphics are nice. I like having the backup sonic sensors overlayed on the image. I think the camera is probably better than a standard VGA, as it seems to be widescreen. The picture maybe processed to adapt the fisheye lens to the display in a more pleasing way, which may give the appearance of some loss of quality. While I don't doubt another car might have a higher resolution camera, I am pleased so far.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to pick, but I'm curious as to what you believe you need to see that you can't now. No, you can't pick out the ant crawing up the curb 10 feet away, but you can see the curb and everything in between that could either harm you or you could harm. Side coverage is good also. Just not sure what else you want?

Quick Reply: Letter from Audi Stating Backup Camera Parts Are Available for My Car