Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 223335

Default Power folding mirrors

Do these have both automatic and manual operation?

Automatic would be, something like, fold every time engine is shut off, unfold when started.

Manual would be button activated, and for example you can delay unfolding them until you've pulled out of a tight parking spot.

Also, can you fold just one side, for example the passenger side only, when parked in the garage with the A6 on the left, so there is room to walk between the 2 cars?
Maroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 220789

I think they only fold when you lock with the remote and unfold when you start the car. I think you turn the function on of off in the settings.
aerobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 185797

You can fold them manually by turning the side mirrors switch on the door armrest or automatically by using the MMI settings. I set mine in auto mode but have recently noticed creaking sound (after two months) when the side mirrors are folding. Therefore, it may not be a good idea to fold them automatically for longevity reasons.
carbuff_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 221883

Send a message via AIM to lostnspace Send a message via Yahoo to lostnspace
Default Only one...

I also want to add that only one side mirror will acutally tilt down in reverse and that is the passenger side, to assist in seeing the lines on your side. This is annoying because I'm accustomed to both mirrors tilting down to assist with backing into a spot. The back camera helps; if you're one the lucky ones to have it working on your car. Oh and you also must be sure to the **** selected to the passener side for the mirror tilt down option to work.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 223734

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostnspace View Post
I also want to add that only one side mirror will acutally tilt down in reverse and that is the passenger side, to assist in seeing the lines on your side. This is annoying because I'm accustomed to both mirrors tilting down to assist with backing into a spot. The back camera helps; if you're one the lucky ones to have it working on your car. Oh and you also must be sure to the **** selected to the passener side for the mirror tilt down option to work.
I have tried to get my side mirrors to tilt down when care is placed in reverse but no luck. Discussed this issue with the dealer today but they are unsure about if the care as this feature. I have had the mirror control in both driver and passenger position with no affect. Any idea's?

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 223734

After writing my previous post I was thinking that I did not check the passenger mirror when I conducted my test. So, I just finished checking the passenger mirror and does indeed tilt down when the car is placed in reverse so long as the mirror select switch is placed to the passenger position. I know I tested this function before the camera chip was installed today and it did not work. So it appears to only work when the backup camera is made functional.

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 189899

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
I have tried to get my side mirrors to tilt down when care is placed in reverse but no luck. Discussed this issue with the dealer today but they are unsure about if the care as this feature. I have had the mirror control in both driver and passenger position with no affect. Any idea's?
You have to have the driver's control set to passenger and have it turned on in the MMI.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, a6, audi, fold, folding, mirrors, power, program, side, work