Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just an FYI but if you ever decide you may want to tune the car stay away from my16. They changed the ECU and many other parts and not much can be done with them and not likely to change.

Mike
Old 07-28-2016, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Just an FYI but if you ever decide you may want to tune the car stay away from my16. They changed the ECU and many other parts and not much can be done with them and not likely to change.

Mike
Sorry, I am as not up on Audi's. What do you mean by stay away from MY16s?

Should I get a 2015 instead?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2016, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mlingama
Sorry, I am as not up on Audi's. What do you mean by stay away from MY16s?

Should I get a 2015 instead?

Thanks

This is only if you plan to keep the car and do any modding to it down the road. If you never plan on doing any performance mods it really wont matter.

That said, the 2016 and newer A6 uses a different engine. Its still a supercharged 3.0TFSI engine but it uses a different engine management computer, different supercharger pulley setup, and different map sensors which all make it a PITA to tune. There may never be many tuning options for it because there are likely going to be somewhat limited numbers of these engines floating around anyways so it really wouldnt make sense for tuners to throw a lot of money at it. The 2015 and older A6 cars use the same ECU in their 3.0TFSI as all the other models of S4, Q5, etc and you can run any number of tunes or piggy backs on those cars and make quite a bit more power.

Mike
Old 07-28-2016, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,159 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
It makes you wonder why anyone would dump a car with such few miles? Is it a dealer car, did someone just hate it enough to lose a lot of money, is it a maintenance nightmare? There are other reasons but I would be careful.
Price is also market and location specific and you need your location in your posts to be of use.
I picked up a '16 2.0t Premium Plus w/ cold weather, bose, led headlights, and s-line pckg, for just over $8K less than sticker. Had a few miles less than 9K and was a CPO vehicle. Unfortunately dealers don't have much arguing room at all on used cars. But they did come up $2,100 on my trade from what they initially told me, even after I found out the bottom of the trunk was rusted out. That dealer must hate me now

The dealer said they "lease/rent" the vehicles, once they are 6 months OR 5K on the odometer (whichever first) they have the option to purchase them from VW of America. Then they continue to demo, loan, etc. until they are sold.

I figured 100K/6yr warranty w/ CPO was enough assurance to purchase one w/ 9K on the odometer... we will see what happens!
Old 07-28-2016, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I picked up a '16 2.0t Premium Plus w/ cold weather, bose, led headlights, and s-line pckg, for just over $8K less than sticker. Had a few miles less than 9K and was a CPO vehicle. Unfortunately dealers don't have much arguing room at all on used cars. But they did come up $2,100 on my trade from what they initially told me, even after I found out the bottom of the trunk was rusted out. That dealer must hate me now

The dealer said they "lease/rent" the vehicles, once they are 6 months OR 5K on the odometer (whichever first) they have the option to purchase them from VW of America. Then they continue to demo, loan, etc. until they are sold.

I figured 100K/6yr warranty w/ CPO was enough assurance to purchase one w/ 9K on the odometer... we will see what happens!
Sounds like a Audi Natick demo vehicle.....
Old 07-28-2016, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the update mhoran89.

What is an "Audi Natick demo vehicle....."?

Here is what I want, Audi 3.0T with Bose premium sound upgrade. I would love the Heads up display, but I can't justify spending the extra $5k more for the Prestige. I know the Prestige has other options but that is the only worthwhile thing for me.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I see some on CARGURUS.com and AUTOTRADER that have been sitting on the lots for about 2 months for about $46k. The cars are certified so that will help for long ownership. Since I live in Kansas City and the cars that I am looking at are several hundred miles, I was going to buy online and get it shipped.

The only thing that has me being reluctant is that the breaks might have worn out and I would hate to replace brakes and rotors for new purchase.

Anything else to worry about buying without physically seeing the car?
Since you live in KC you might want to check out Audi Shawnee Mission. I just bought my CPO D4 from them and they were great to work with. The sales manager is Taz Toogood (great name right?). I live in MT so this whole deal happened over the phone. My Dad is picking the car up tomorrow. Not the usual situation and they did an excellent job dealing with all my questions and making it a good experience.

Audi Shawnee Mission, Audi dealership in Lenexa, Kansas 66214 Kansas City
Old 07-28-2016, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by the_duke
Since you live in KC you might want to check out Audi Shawnee Mission. I just bought my CPO D4 from them and they were great to work with. The sales manager is Taz Toogood (great name right?). I live in MT so this whole deal happened over the phone. My Dad is picking the car up tomorrow. Not the usual situation and they did an excellent job dealing with all my questions and making it a good experience.

Audi Shawnee Mission, Audi dealership in Lenexa, Kansas 66214 Kansas City
Can you share the sticker price of the vehicle and what you paid? I noticed locally that A6 CPOs have high price tag.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=mlingama;24839673]Thanks for the update mhoran89.

What is an "Audi Natick demo vehicle....."?

The way they described the car, and that they are from MA gave me the impression that it might have come from Audi Natick...that's all. AudiNatick.com
Old 07-28-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the update mhoran89.

Here is what I want, Audi 3.0T with Bose premium sound upgrade. I would love the Heads up display, but I can't justify spending the extra $5k more for the Prestige. I know the Prestige has other options but that is the only worthwhile thing for me.
I am looking for similar, 3.0T, Sport Package (19's), LED. Cold/Warm weather, Bose.....if I can ventilated seats that would be a plus.....oh and has to have black interior. If anyone knows of a low mileage CPO please let me know....thanks

Quick Reply: Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T