Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump.

So I found a 2016 Glacier White Prestige CPO 3.0T. It has 16k miles. At the 16k maintenance, it had its water pump replace. Should I be concerned with that?

Also, will the dealer straight up tell me if needs new brakes before I buy? I have read posts where brakes are wearing early on the 2016 A6s. I need to buy this unseen as it is in SF and I am in Kansas.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It's not unusual to have a new car with a defect or two that needs to be resolved so I wouldn't worry about the water pump.

At 16K miles it would be highly unlikely that the brakes are worn to a point of replacement unless the car was tracked or they were significantly abused. Easy enough for the dealer to measure the pad and rotor thicknesses. On a CPO, the dealer is required to ensure minimum measurements. Keep in mind for every complaint you see on the forums, there will be likely be thousands of owners who don't have a particular issue like excessive break wear.

Buying a car from a dealer in another state sight unseen has its risks. You might want to have the car inspected by a third party before you commit.

Last edited by snagitseven; 07-30-2016 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It's not unusual to have a new car with a defect or two that needs to be resolved so I wouldn't worry about the water pump.

At 16K miles it would be highly unlikely that the brakes are worn to a point of replacement unless the car was tracked or they were significantly abused. Easy enough for the dealer to measure the pad and rotor thicknesses. On a CPO, the dealer is required to ensure minimum measurements. Keep in mind for every complaint you see on the forums, there will be likely be thousands of owners who don't have a particular issue like excessive break wear.

Buying a car from a dealer in another state sight unseen has its risks. You might want to have the car inspected by a third party before you commit.
I was hoping that since I was going to buy a CPO, I could do it easily from another state by buying and getting it shipped.

Is that not the case?
Old 07-30-2016, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mlingama
I was hoping that since I was going to buy a CPO, I could do it easily from another state by buying and getting it shipped.

Is that not the case?
Well sure, the transaction can be relatively easy and the OEM and CPO warranties of covered items would be honored at any Audi dealer. But the potential challenges are when buying a used vehicle sight unseen related to things not covered under warranties. There are wear items, cosmetics and other things that might not be 100% that are in an as is condition. That's not to say you could be buying a dog but you are relying on photos and what the selling dealer tells you vs. what you can see for yourself before you buy.

That's why I mentioned arranging for a third party inspection first. If there were any deficiencies, you could negotiate with the dealer to correct them before concluding the transaction. If the dealer refused to allow a third party inspection, that could tell you something is amiss and you could pass. It's not as easy to try and get some non-covered things corrected with the selling dealer after the car is shipped and delivered to another state. Something to consider.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,158 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueAllroad
Sounds like a Audi Natick demo vehicle.....
Close but no cigar. Prime Audi - Westwood, MA.
But I did just go to Natick to get 15k service done and was more than satisfied. There was a small rattle in passenger side door card, they "couldn't reproduce problem" but took the panel off and felt taped all the mounting points... I have never had a dealer try to fix something they couldn't reproduce, so right now they are a winner in my book!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,158 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well sure, the transaction can be relatively easy and the OEM and CPO warranties of covered items would be honored at any Audi dealer. But the potential challenges are when buying a used vehicle sight unseen related to things not covered under warranties. There are wear items, cosmetics and other things that might not be 100% that are in an as is condition. That's not to say you could be buying a dog but you are relying on photos and what the selling dealer tells you vs. what you can see for yourself before you buy.

That's why I mentioned arranging for a third party inspection first. If there were any deficiencies, you could negotiate with the dealer to correct them before concluding the transaction. If the dealer refused to allow a third party inspection, that could tell you something is amiss and you could pass. It's not as easy to try and get some non-covered things corrected with the selling dealer after the car is shipped and delivered to another state. Something to consider.
Correct, I had a dealer in greater Boston area try to sell me a CPO A4 w/ low miles and it was in great shape. HOWEVER, bottom of passenger door was painted POORLY, and I mean terribly. There were runs and orange peel in the paint, I brought it up with him and he wasn't having it. He didn't seem to care I asked him to take something like $500 off and he wouldn't budge. I told him I was disappointed in them unloading a car like that CPO, but they didn't care. I was sure someone opened the door into something and it was painted on the DL and it obviously was never going to show on the Carfax, so I told the guy to pound sand.

It really comes down to how long they have been in the car, space and time is money. But as I have always been taught, it cannot hurt to ask...
Old 08-01-2016, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mhoran89
But as I have always been taught, it cannot hurt to ask...
If ya don't ask they can't say no
Old 08-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Mhoran and Dan. I will try to find something within driving distance so I can check it thoroughly before buying.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm appreciative too.good feedback here..Mhoran, Dan, and Snagitseven - If your connections call asking if you know anyone local looking feel free to pass them on to me....got to make something happen near the start of the VW buyout as we're gonna let them buy back our TDI.
Thanks everyone.....
Old 08-05-2016, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What does everyone thing about the S Line Package. I know it gives the car a different look, but does the Sport Suspension make a difference in feel? The car I drove about two weeks ago didn't have it. Am I missing anything?

Quick Reply: Price for used 2016 A6 3.0T