Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Radio Volume

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Volume

My 2016 A6 with every option but the Bose has a radio volume problem. Approximately 50% of the time when I start the car the radio volume is off and has to be turned up to hearing level. The other 50% of the time the radio volume is the same as when I turned the car off. Very annoying and the Dealer is of no help as the situation is unpredictable. I have tried rebooting the MMI.
Am I the only owner who has this problem?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightBlue4.2
My 2016 A6 with every option but the Bose has a radio volume problem. Approximately 50% of the time when I start the car the radio volume is off and has to be turned up to hearing level. The other 50% of the time the radio volume is the same as when I turned the car off. Very annoying and the Dealer is of no help as the situation is unpredictable. I have tried rebooting the MMI.
No, but the dealer has no fix and leaving it long enough to demo an intermittent problem has not been worth the time/trouble. We've rebooted everything that can be done with guidance from the Audi Tech Support line. When it happens, we just turn up the volume. At least, we permanently conquered the Start/Stop so that is one fewer button to push each time, so the radio sometimes takes its place.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NightBlue4.2
Originally Posted by Sportstick
No, but the dealer has no fix and leaving it long enough to demo an intermittent problem has not been worth the time/trouble. We've rebooted everything that can be done with guidance from the Audi Tech Support line. When it happens, we just turn up the volume. At least, we permanently conquered the Start/Stop so that is one fewer button to push each time, so the radio sometimes takes its place.

NightBlue/Sportstick–Any luck in resolving this issue? Exact same scenario in my '16 A6. And the intermittent nature of it is perplexing and annoying.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the same problem on my 16 A6. Haven't looked into it yet.

Start/stop is another annoying thing. How do I shut that off without driving in S or hitting the button?
Old 02-12-2016, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You guys know that you control the start/stop by how heavy you push down on the brake pedal at a stop. I think it's easily controlled, but maybe it's just I never mash the pedal to the floor at a stop. I can easily press it down a little harder at a long light and shut the engine down.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SpeedKeen
I have the same problem on my 16 A6. Haven't looked into it yet.

Start/stop is another annoying thing. How do I shut that off without driving in S or hitting the button?
Speed,

Instructions for VCDC coding to disable start/stop efficiency system upon each ignition can be found here:
Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
NightBlue/Sportstick–Any luck in resolving this issue? Exact same scenario in my '16 A6. And the intermittent nature of it is perplexing and annoying.
I wonder if it's something that can be changed with VCDS. I have B&O. If I had my volume turned up (to 20 for example) when I shut down, It always turns on at 12 if I was listening to Sirus and 13 if I was listening to Media, consistently. Can't remember but I want to say if it's less than 12/13 when I shut down, it stays at whatever level it was at. I've never had the volume not come on.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ricckky
I wonder if it's something that can be changed with VCDS. I have B&O. If I had my volume turned up (to 20 for example) when I shut down, It always turns on at 12 if I was listening to Sirus and 13 if I was listening to Media, consistently. Can't remember but I want to say if it's less than 12/13 when I shut down, it stays at whatever level it was at. I've never had the volume not come on.
Thanks for the info, Ricky. Interesting...I, too, have the B&O setup. Occasionally, there will be volume at start-up. 85% of the time, the volume is "0" and I have to manually turn it up. Crazy.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricckky
Yes, you can change it with VCDS but I am not sure about the 2016. The OP and audio issues seem to be regarding 2016 but your issue is easily addressed to default to whatever volume you choose - mine now comes up at start up and subsequent to a mute to volume level 6 where it used to default to 12.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
Sorry, but no. We gave up and are accepting it as one of the car's eccentricities. Being intermittent, it just isn't worth the time in either one of our schedules, so my wife just turns the volume back up. She is saving time anyway as she doesn't have to defeat the permanently dead start/stop each time any more, so this is the last ongoing PITA.

Quick Reply: Radio Volume