Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Recently Purchased A6 - Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by stoulana
I had dealer install TSB #2027899/1 for my A6. I did not have whistle or high pitch noise at HWY speeds, but symptom was similar to window not closed or door seals not tight. After TSB I feel slight improvement but still there. It is very low & with radio on, can not hear. Not sure if this TSB applies to A8 but dealer can check if it applies or similar one exists for A8. There are parts involved around side mirrors that needed to be ordered for that TSB.
Thank you. To rectify I mean wind noise and wooshing noise when driving 75 plus mph near driver's door. I will see what my dealer says and I am sure they can use same remedy for the A8 that they used for the A6.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wind noise on A6 2014 (Saloon)

Hi,

I received my new 2014 A6 2 weeks ago. I can say I noticed wind noise on the drivers side above 70 mph (110km/h) , and google brought me to this thread.
I can only say the problem described above (as it sounds like the window is not properly closed) is exactly what I experience as well. I was also thinking it might maybe coming from the mirror. Anyway, I have been driving an A4 Avant the last 4 years (up to 2 weeks ago), and I never experienced wind noise other than 'normally to be expected at high speed'.

I already talked to the Audi salesman, and he asked me to bring the car in, as they like to solve it. I did not have the time yet, but I just wanted to share that it seems still to be an issue on a 2014 model. If/When it gets solved, I will post an update.

If you experienced the wind noise also on a recently released A6, it would be great if you can share !
The following users liked this post:
Paul 'Peanut' Wright (08-10-2019)
Old 03-24-2014, 03:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas2012
If you experienced the wind noise also on a recently released A6, it would be great if you can share !
My '14 A6 sounds like the rear passenger window is cracked open all the time or the door isn't shut all the way. I am going to bring it up next visit to dealership.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I am having the same problem on my 2012 prestige, the dealership teach did not heard it at first, but then I took a test drive with the service manager and he heard it clearly. Will e-mail him this post which will help greatly :-)
Old 12-13-2014, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uncbutler
Air noise has been fixed. Apparently this problem has happened before with other 2012 a6 cars, and is on a technician forum that all audi service departments have access to. Door panal was removed and a seal was made around the outdoor mirror area (internally, within the door panel). No visible changes from my end but no audible whistling noise, now.
Thank you. I thought it was my mirrors. Now, I know.... And I'm set for service next week.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you folks able to get your air noises fixed please? I'm having the same problem with my 2012 A6 and the dealer has tried 3 times but not fixed it yet. It no longer whistles but clearly sounds like the front passenger door isn't closed at speeds above 70 mph. If you have any insights, it would be greatly appreciated for my next service appointment next week. I know that the last attempt included window gaskets being replaced but it only improved it slightly and it's still there (and annoying). Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pat clark
Were you folks able to get your air noises fixed please? I'm having the same problem with my 2012 A6 and the dealer has tried 3 times but not fixed it yet. It no longer whistles but clearly sounds like the front passenger door isn't closed at speeds above 70 mph. If you have any insights, it would be greatly appreciated for my next service appointment next week. I know that the last attempt included window gaskets being replaced but it only improved it slightly and it's still there (and annoying). Thanks in advance for your help!
I just took mine in for its final service under warranty. I told them to keep the car until they had figured it out. They've had it for a week and are still working it and a few other small items.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

mine was kindda fix but now they are saying is coming from the crowl in front....stay tuned
Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I get this noise when the windows are down. I mostly keep them up so I did not really pay much attention to it. I'll have to note this next time I get the car serviced.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have not had the wind noise issue on my '14 A6, but I had it on both sides of my '11 Q5. See https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...irror-2809121/ for details.

Both times the issue was with the side mirrors. Both were replaced and the high pitched wind noise went away. Additional insulation in the door may be able to correct the issue as well, I'm not sure.

Quick Reply: Recently Purchased A6 - Wind Noise