Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Replacing Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires on NEW A6?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Any suggestions on wheels? What brand and style for the A6? Size? 19 or 20?

Tirerack doesn't seem to have much reviews on wheels.
I suggest 18s for more tire sidewall for ride comfort improvement and protecting the rims from pothole damage. They do a good job on vetting the quality of what they carry, so if you correctly enter the car description and note your original tire size, they will take you through the choices. Pressure cast is superior to gravity cast in the wheel descriptions and look for lighter weight...see what you like. You don't need to do the winter set now, but don't forget the TPMS if/when you eventually order.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I need to order my tires with TPMS? And I assumed that a local Tirerack installer would install them properly? Should I ask the installer to make sure?
Old 05-01-2016, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

And when you say light weight, what is the ideal weight of a quality wheel? less than 20lbs? 25lbs?
Old 05-01-2016, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

So I need to order my tires with TPMS? And I assumed that a local Tirerack installer would install them properly? Should I ask the installer to make sure?
The winter tire/wheel/TPMS assembly comes mounted and balanced from Tire Rack, as shipped to your installer (they provide a choice in your area) or to your house. It's just a jack and lugnuts.

To replace your current tires, all you need are the tires in the proper size for your original wheels. The original TPMS will stay on the original wheel, while the new tire is installed on those wheels. For this installer, call ahead and be sure they have a "Hunter Road Force" balancing machine. This provides a more accurate balance for better results.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

And when you say light weight, what is the ideal weight of a quality wheel? less than 20lbs? 25lbs?
It's a matter of optimizing the available choices. Find the lighter weight among pressure cast wheels in your size which please your aesthetic sense.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks, really appreciate the responses. i should be all set with tires. wheels seem a little more troubling. not many reviews out there on wheels.

i really like to know and see what other A6 owners are installing for wheels.

my A6 color is Havana black, what should be the proper wheel color? black, graphite, silver, etc.?
Old 05-01-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks, really appreciate the responses. i should be all set with tires. wheels seem a little more troubling. not many reviews out there on wheels.

i really like to know and see what other A6 owners are installing for wheels.

my A6 color is Havana black, what should be the proper wheel color? black, graphite, silver, etc.?
Lots of subjectivity here.....for winter wheels, many usually go low-cost as it's not a "stylish" time of year with snow, ice, slush all over everything. There are great BBS wheels shown for a 3.0 Quattro A6 at $425, but you have plenty of time to worry about snow tires and wheels...watch for sales/specials. No reason to abandon your original wheels for just installing your three-season tires. Just match the size and you're all set!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think that's a sound advice. Change the tires, and research the wheels further
Old 05-01-2016, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think that's a sound advice. Change the tires, and research the wheels further
Yes, we found very attractive Anzio Visio 18x8 wheels last year at Tire Rack for $124 per wheel when we bought the winter package for this past season.

Those are no longer available, but who knows, might come back. They did just fine this past winter with Blizzak WS80 wrapped around them....turned the A6 into a winter tank...went through and confidently stopped and turned in all conditions! Funny part is that when the OE wheels went back on, my wife commented she liked the Anzio appearance better!
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2016, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow....that's a great price....you use that for your winter tires?

Quick Reply: Replacing Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires on NEW A6?