Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Retrofitting front parking camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Disstrict
hey guys, so how is it going with the cameras?

I have checked everywhere, and yes, there is only one camera front/back that provides the side view.. and gosh... I want those side cams as well, but the price is too much ... did anyone ordered yet? could someone share the part numbers? maybe we could build up our own set for a lower price? kufatec sels just the harnest cables, for 200e, so You just need the 2 cameras. Ive asked my audi dealer and they said that the ECU for the front/rear sensors is the same as for the two cams, so no need for a new ECU (or lets say You can connect the sensors with the cameras together into one ECU)
The front camera and/or the top view surround system use a different controller. I also wonder if they completed this mod but regardless, I'm 75% into my own retrofit of a top view system.

I am going to try to activate just the front and rear cameras first to see if I can post helpful instructions and procedure on this, as this will be a much easier and less expensive retrofit for many over doing the full top view 360. The front camera controller goes under passenger seat, under carpet. This system will require changing rear camera too as the stand alone rear camera is analog, while both the front/rear and topview systems use a digital rear camera. The standalone rear camera controller is in trunk passenger side in fuse area.

The full top view system will use cameras in each door mirror which I also already have. Cables for front and rear cameras are easily available, but the door camera cables are proving to be quite a complicated project.

000-000-000 Front Camera Bracket
000-000-000 Front camera plate
000-000-000 Front camera bolt X2
000-000-000 Front camera cover
7P6-980-551-C Front camera
4G0-971-192-A Front camera cable adapter
4G0-971-192-D Front camera harness to controller
7P6-937-545 Front Camera harness clip

4H0-907-428-B Front/rear camera controller

7P6-827-566-C Trunk Button w/ rear camera
P00101236 Rear camera cable adapter
4G0-971-192-E Rear camera cable to controller

These part numbers provided could have been mistyped, so do not buy them blindly without first asking dealer to print you parts diagram and check to make sure it is correct component. The 000-000-000 parts are not provided because these could vary depending on the style of grill on the car.
You buy and retrofit at your own risk. I assume no responsibility for errors or omissions for other's projects. If you proceed, good luck, and do your due diligence.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 q7 Prem plus

We just got our q7 Prem plus with vision package a d so it had only the back camera and after driving for a couple of days realize that we rather have the 360 view -
is it possible for the dealer service center to put in genuine front , side and mirror cameras? I do see the parts on this website I believe guessing the wiring would not be there and needs to be put in
will contact the service center in the morning to check but was wondering if anyone knew what cost I am looking at for parts plus labor - $1000 ? $2000+ ??
Thanks for any input
Old 12-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by San Ramon
We just got our q7 Prem plus with vision package a d so it had only the back camera and after driving for a couple of days realize that we rather have the 360 view -
is it possible for the dealer service center to put in genuine front , side and mirror cameras? I do see the parts on this website I believe guessing the wiring would not be there and needs to be put in
will contact the service center in the morning to check but was wondering if anyone knew what cost I am looking at for parts plus labor - $1000 ? $2000+ ??
Thanks for any input
Parts are extremely expensive. Dealers won't assist with this kind of retrofit. Way too much involved and way too much undocumented coding to be done. Dealers don't make money on retrofits that don't have a VAG approved documented procedure.
Old 12-31-2022, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I make some detective work and it is possible to install front camera with china "videoprocessor" outlet which combine rear and front somehow together.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqUB5ui

With over 10 year experience with ali buys and products, i am defenitly not buing this big projects from there. Videoprocessors with lot of electronic etc. which are hard to change, will someday be done. Wires etc. are ok. But just to know it might be possible, somehow. There is couple of videos on youtube, which not showing, will front parking sensors work at same time.

I will search more. I have original rear camera, front and rear parking sensors installed in factory.