Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Is the REVO tune any good on the 3.0T

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Is the REVO tune any good on the 3.0T

First of all...yes I did a search....but didn't see much posted about this (except post about Stasis and Revo are the same etc.)

From what I've seen...it seems like the majority are going with APR nowadays and very few are going with REVO or GIAC (compared to back then when it was a huge debate between REVO, APR and GIAC)

is there a reason for that?

Also can anyone shine some light on APR (how hard it is to turn it back to "stock" if needed) it is port tuned or need ECU removal for our car. I used to have REVO on my MKI TT and is a simple SPS switch ...not sure about APR
Old 01-14-2015, 01:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read some reviews about revo on audizine. Nothing bad, I think it may have to do with marketing and that a6/s6 owners don't seem to be hands on people. They take their cars (generally speaking) to the shop and say do the tune instal. Apr and GIAC offer multiple products for a plethora of applications and the snow ball begins.

Edit: I don't know know if revo has a pulley and staged maps for aftermarket pulleys.

I believe that revo had the best numbers for a basic tune/remapping for the money.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Waaazooo
I've read some reviews about revo on audizine. Nothing bad, I think it may have to do with marketing and that a6/s6 owners don't seem to be hands on people. They take their cars (generally speaking) to the shop and say do the tune instal. Apr and GIAC offer multiple products for a plethora of applications and the snow ball begins.

Edit: I don't know know if revo has a pulley and staged maps for aftermarket pulleys.

I believe that revo had the best numbers for a basic tune/remapping for the money.

Thanks!

it does seems that way....you see a lot less tuned A6 vs the A4 A3 TT etc.

I really like the port tuning option that REVO has with SPS, I think they do have a pulley kit and stage 2 tune with the pulley, but I am probably going to do stage 1 for now and then see if I really need stage 2.....
Old 01-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GIAC has a OBDII port tune and Stage 2
And I it is FAST
Old 01-15-2015, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am leaning toward APR (just to try them out....I've heard a lotta good things about them...) So does GIAC have something similar to what REVO have (something like their SPS OBDII plug in where you can turn on/off the tune?)

I am going to do stage 1 and see if the extra power will do it for me.....(which I am sure I'll be back for stage 2 in 6 mos lol)
Old 01-15-2015, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vodka G
I am leaning toward APR (just to try them out....I've heard a lotta good things about them...) So does GIAC have something similar to what REVO have (something like their SPS OBDII plug in where you can turn on/off the tune?) I am going to do stage 1 and see if the extra power will do it for me.....(which I am sure I'll be back for stage 2 in 6 mos lol)
I have APR Stage 1 & 2. You can't turn on/off the tune. You can put it in valet mode. It is fast but I'm not sure if GIAC is faster than APR.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audia612
I have APR Stage 1 & 2. You can't turn on/off the tune. You can put it in valet mode. It is fast but I'm not sure if GIAC is faster than APR.
Yeah I think i am more focused on REVO vs APR. I had Revo on my MKI TT 6 speed and it was great! Love the fact that i can adjust timing and boost level via SPS3

that was 10 years ago and it seems like REVO had kindda fallen off and is pretty much just APR these days. A lot of the REVO dealers have switched to APR (ie Eurocode etc.)
Old 01-18-2015, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My understanding after reading hundreds of threads on tuning is that there isn't a significant difference between the actual power output. Some will indeed be faster than others, but we're not talking significantly faster. Not sure if REVO offers a stage 2, but if they do I haven't heard much about it. My understanding is stage 1 (tune only) gives you a noticeable increase in power, but nothing earth shattering. Stage 2 gets you pretty close (if not equal to) stock S6 power. Lots of internet speculation about APR right now. Do some research there. AWE/GIAC seem to be cruising along, but for me, proximity to the local vendor would be the determinative factor in my decision, along with feedback from owners and you'll have to do a search of all the major forums to gather that intel.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Has Revo/Stassis been revived?? They went broke and were looking for someone to buy them out last year. I feel sorry for the folks who paid that expensive price to get the warranty.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got the APR stage II on my 2012 A6. After I installed the stage II pulley, I drove it to get the software installed. It was installed by direct port on my car and took less than an hour.

Quick Reply: Is the REVO tune any good on the 3.0T