Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort

Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort

I know there has been a thread or three on this topic, but I thought I'd ask again now that some owners have had a chance to live with them for a while.

As a background, my current car is a 2005 S4 Cabriolet, which has slightly different style of seat to the the B6/B7 S4 (actually a little more comfortable, IMO, but still not exceptional). My gold standard for seating comfort is the 2007 Volvo V70R I owned before (the ex has it now) - a seat that would leave me refreshed (well, my back, at least) well into a 12 hour drive. Before that (going back almost 20 years), it was the OEM Recaros in a '93 Golf GTI 2.0 16V (which, sadly, was stolen and stripped).

Based on aesthetics, the Sport seats with the diamond stitching win hands down. However, are they significantly more comfortable than the sport seats/Recaros in the S4? Do the thigh bolsters extend for a little more support?

For those that have tried, or have, the Comfort Seats, are they better? More adjustments aren't necessarily better, if the "base" seat is done right (my old Recaro seats being a great case in point, as they had minimal adjustment - manually operated - but were perfect). I don't really care about the cooling and massage features, just comfort.

What say you all?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sat in both, for the comfort seat I sat in an S8 seat as a proxy (think it's very similar). Comfort was more plush/comfy with nicer textured leather, but still a snug fit, and you don't feel the diamond stitching of the regular seat (it's smooth). Main difference though IMO is style - if you want more of a luxury look with wood, comfort seat fits better. Regular seats with carbon inlays more of a sport look, some may think boy racer. I like both, but ordered comfort.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hl229
I sat in both, for the comfort seat I sat in an S8 seat as a proxy (think it's very similar). Comfort was more plush/comfy with nicer textured leather, but still a snug fit, and you don't feel the diamond stitching of the regular seat (it's smooth). Main difference though IMO is style - if you want more of a luxury look with wood, comfort seat fits better. Regular seats with carbon inlays more of a sport look, some may think boy racer. I like both, but ordered comfort.
Hl229 is spot on. There are some additional points for the Comfort seats, such as ventilation/cooling and massage, which is pretty good. The side bolsters can be tightened up to a decent snug fit.

I also have a 2008 R8 so I'm very familiar with the sport seat feel. I'm very careful not to wear on the side bolster in everyday entry and exit. For the level of spirited driving il do in my S6, the comfort seats are just right, plus I get the added features.

Audi made it in win:win either way though with the diamond pattern look aestheticly.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had those comfort seats in my A6. The seats are just OK.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Comfort seats are very nice...

Comfortable, very adjustable, nice massage and ventilation. Too bad the massage does not do the bottom section of the seat (for those with Sciatica issues).

The S8 has comfort seats WITH the diamond stitching. The one I drove had all the settings of my current car seats and still had the nice looking diamond stitching.

IFRC in the S6/S7 it's either/or so you give up the look for the comfort. I found that rather strange.

Mike
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure why Audi couldn't have just 1 seat in in the s6.

The sport seats are very comfy and feel fantastic, but the lack of ventilation is a bummer. They are slightly larger than the s4/s5 seats and give you a bit more room.

The a8 sport package has comfort seats with diamond stitching and they look and feel great.

And you can only get a black interior with the comfort seats on the s6. You hate to have to make a compromise like that in an 80k car, but it's just the way it is.

I'm starting to like the seats in my prestige a6 more. At first they didn't feel as comfortable as I want, but they feel a bit more broken in after a month of driving.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great topic.
I've been thinking about an S6 and wondered about the seats.

#1 Can we get some pictures of the sport seat and comfort seat?
#2 Are they both adjustable?
#3 If so, How adjustable is each seat?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never seen the comfort seat in person on the s6, only the sport.

The regular sport seat is just like my old sline sport seat that I had in my 2008 sline a6. 8 way power with 4 way lumbar and the manual leg extension that pulls out. ....just a lot nicer looking with the diamond quilting and finer leather in the s6.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For what its worth.

The comfort seats in the A8 have adjustable bolsters on both the sides of the back of the seat and the sides of the the seat bottom.

Power extendable front leg support.

Adjustable shoulder angle.

Power Head Rest.

3 level ventilation

3 level heat.

Perforated Leather.

Adjustable Lumbar Support.

Power adjusted shoulder harness height.

Mike
Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

S6 comfort seats are as above, but minus the shoulder adjustment and the headrest is manual adjust.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort