Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Seat info from Audi brochure

I reduced a larger brochure to just show the seat info, including the more basic seats available only in the rest of the world. Good information here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi S6 seat info.pdf (1.01 MB, 617 views)
Old 11-22-2012, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the details fellas. I think the comfort seats might probably be the best route for most. After all, it's a luxury car and most aren't out on the track. The comfort seat on the S6 sounds much more comfortable than the seats on my A6.

Any opinions on the above comment?
Any pics would be much appreciated
Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dnebout
Thanks for the details fellas. I think the comfort seats might probably be the best route for most. After all, it's a luxury car and most aren't out on the track. The comfort seat on the S6 sounds much more comfortable than the seats on my A6.

Any opinions on the above comment?
Any pics would be much appreciated
Something like this is a personal choice. If u can then go to an AUDI dealer and check for yourself what you like and don't like.. Its a matter of 2500 bucks after all!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Deer Hunter. Nice info. I didn't see your post.

Pics of seats no longer needed.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by noah123
Something like this is a personal choice. If u can then go to an AUDI dealer and check for yourself what you like and don't like.. Its a matter of 2500 bucks after all!!
The problem is the rarity of the cars. They're on allocation here and the next one is only due next month (and may already be bought and paid for). I very much doubt I'll have the opportunity to sit in both seat types back-to-back (so to speak). Hence my question to others who may have had the opportunity to do so.

If I go ahead with this, it will be a car I plan on keeping for a long time. Given that, another $2K (the upgrade cost in Canada) is money well spent - if the comfort seats are significantly more comfortable.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
The problem is the rarity of the cars. They're on allocation here and the next one is only due next month (and may already be bought and paid for). I very much doubt I'll have the opportunity to sit in both seat types back-to-back (so to speak). Hence my question to others who may have had the opportunity to do so.

If I go ahead with this, it will be a car I plan on keeping for a long time. Given that, another $2K (the upgrade cost in Canada) is money well spent - if the comfort seats are significantly more comfortable.
I feel the same way.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter

I totally agree!! I had a tough time finding a car with B&O...I just got lucky at the very end as the Audi store manager had it in his A7.... It took me only 10 sec to say yes to B&O thereafter!!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I've never seen the comfort seat in person on the s6, only the sport.

The regular sport seat is just like my old sline sport seat that I had in my 2008 sline a6. 8 way power with 4 way lumbar and the manual leg extension that pulls out. ....just a lot nicer looking with the diamond quilting and finer leather in the s6.
I was under the impression these seats with the diamond quilting are the same as in the A8? I was told that at the dealer. Can anyone confirm?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Absolutely not. The comfort seats without the quilting are the ones like the A8, the standard S6 is more of a sport bucket seat.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hl229
Absolutely not. The comfort seats without the quilting are the ones like the A8, the standard S6 is more of a sport bucket seat.
Thank! Guess I am adding the comfort seat option to my order!

Quick Reply: S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort