Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the comfort seats for 1 reason. I wanted the ventilated seats and it was the only way. As a secondary reason, I liked the massage feature. I originally was not crazy about the massage option, but after driving a Mercedes C63 AMG, I was hooked. My last car had the ventilated seats, and in Texas it's appreciated. I do admit that the sport seats look nicer. I like the semi-retro look. Regardless, I'm happy with my choice. I think $2500 is too much [ mini rant over ].
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought the comfort seats are only 1950....not 2500
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
I thought the comfort seats are only 1950....not 2500
Your right Mea Culpa.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I finally got a chance to try out the sport seats and have to say they feel pretty good. Given that they look fantastic and are comfortable, they would be my choice.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting discussion. I just saw an S7 at a dealership and tested out the comfort seats. They were very comfortable and I really enjoyed the massage feature and all the available adjustments (so many, in fact, that it makes me wonder if they may end up breaking after 50K miles). However, I think the sport seats look more attractive in the car (especially the diamond stitching and S7 logo) and tie-in with the other sporty features. When I sat in the sport seats of the S7 at the auto show I found them to be very comfortable, so my gut is to go with them, despite the possibility that the additional adjustments, massage feature and ventilation may be enjoyable to have.

One question I have that I forgot to determine at the auto show: are the sport seats and side bolsters in the back seat tight for a larger person? My kids will mostly be back there, so I'm not too worried about it. But I do wonder if they work for people of all sizes.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As the OP, I thought I'd report back. I tested both seat types back-to-back today and took the plunge on an in-stock S6 (see my thread here).

Cole's Notes: Both are comfortable, comfort seats require more twiddling to achieve that "just right" feeling (understandable, since they have more adjustments). Sport seats are hands-down better looking. Ultimately, I bought the in-stock model with the comfort seats so I wouldn't have to wait 4-5 months.

Moderator: If you could move this thread to the S6 forum, that would be great.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It sounds like most of you purchased the comfort seats and like them. Can those of you with the sport seats please chime in and report how much you like or dislike them? I am really torn - I like the looks of the sport seats better and think they look great with carbon. However, I just don't know if I will really like the comfort seats better.

I drove with comfort seats today and found the myriad of settings a bit excessive and recognize that once I find the setting that fits me, I will set it to memory and never play with most of the adjustments again. The massage was nice, but not something I would use unless on a long trip. And the ventilation feature is also nice, but I know from experience that I don't get overheated in the car very often, so it is only a slight benefit to me.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by gs4rx3
It sounds like most of you purchased the comfort seats and like them. Can those of you with the sport seats please chime in and report how much you like or dislike them? I am really torn - I like the looks of the sport seats better and think they look great with carbon. However, I just don't know if I will really like the comfort seats better.

I drove with comfort seats today and found the myriad of settings a bit excessive and recognize that once I find the setting that fits me, I will set it to memory and never play with most of the adjustments again. The massage was nice, but not something I would use unless on a long trip. And the ventilation feature is also nice, but I know from experience that I don't get overheated in the car very often, so it is only a slight benefit to me.
Ok, but you said nothing to compare the feel and ride quality of the two seats
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can't compare the feel and ride quality of the sport seats because I haven't driven in them - I have only sat in them at the auto show for 60 seconds. And none of the dealers have them in stock, so I cannot test them. Which is why I'm struggling with the decision and need feedback from those that have driven with them. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2016, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It seems, you are guys much older than me. I am 51 and want sport seats.

Quick Reply: S6 seats - Sport vs. Comfort