Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sat Nav woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting used to it, i am surprised that there is not a dedicated dial/hang up button. For instance, that inav button, i don't even know what that actually does. It would be better as a hang up button!

But hey ho, the car is a good drive. The seat is killing me and makes my back sweat, but boy is is fast. I only found the sports mode the other day! Nice.

Bmw seat was nicer, but the gear box was much slower. All in all on balance they are similar in my affections. Bmw this time round was too expensive though, so more for your money with the audi, but far less refined. Shame the satnav does not live up to basic expectations, i.e. Making it easier to enter destinations.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hanging up:

1. I checked on my A6. While on a route (and the center screen shows turn-by-turn directions), on left click on the left arrows takes me to the screen where pressing the thumbwheel will hang up on the call.

2. You can use the purely voice activated feature, however. At the end of the call, simply yell, "Hang up the bloody phone you ******!" The line will go dead and the call ended. No buttons at all! :-)
Old 08-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Haha, yea, I am kind of relying on the ****** on the other end hanging up, otherwise I have the fanny around finding the hang up button, or not see where the hell the satnav is not sending me lol.

The audi has more boot space. Which was nice I suppose. Its a bit quieter to on account of not having bloody run flats.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

There is a dedicated hang up button, in fact 2. When you get a call the DIS display in the dash switches to the phone option and pressing the left hand scroll button on the screen answers the call, press it again and it ends the call, unless you have changed screens with left right buttons on the wheel. Also when in the call the main MMI screen switches to phone and again providing you are still on that screen then pressing the top left button around the MMI controller will end the call.

Re the problems you are having with the navigation system, most of the folks on here are US based and as such it may that the way the US version of the system works is different to the one for us in the UK. You may find a forum such as vwaudiforum.co.uk will provide you with more direct assistance for the UK. For point of reference your car is a C7 platform. Alternatively book some time with your local dealer to get them to take you through how it works. I am guessing that as it is a company lease car it was simply delivered to your place of work with out a proper handover. when I picked up my car the dealer spent the best part of an hour going through how everything worked
Old 08-29-2014, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by garethsnaim
But hey ho, the car is a good drive. The seat is killing me and makes my back sweat, but boy is is fast. I only found the sports mode the other day! Nice.

I agree, seats are terrible, the thigh bolsters either side are very uncomfortable. As for the sweating you could turn on the "cooled seating" feature but that doesn't work either so you are out of luck.

Another reason to put your location in your logon because your seats and features may be different to ones in the US. I have an A6 Prestige with a 3.0T (the T stands for supercharged in German logic) with 20 inch wheels and the sport package but I do not have a sports mode. Please tell us what the sports mode does as I do not believe that the US gets this selectable option.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Another reason to put your location in your logon because your seats and features may be different to ones in the US. I have an A6 Prestige with a 3.0T (the T stands for supercharged in German logic) with 20 inch wheels and the sport package but I do not have a sports mode. Please tell us what the sports mode does as I do not believe that the US gets this selectable option.
I believe he is referring to the gear selector which has the "S" position "Sport Mode" (which also equals "Dynamic mode"). This changes the auto transmission gear and throttle maps to be more aggressive (shifts hold longer in gear and the accelerator pedal becomes more responsive by requiring less input for more fuel delivery). Since every Audi for well over a decade includes this feature, surely, you have this in your car as well, no?

Last edited by snagitseven; 08-29-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
On the gear selector there is an "S" position which is "Sport Mode" which also equals "Dynamic mode". This changes the auto transmission gear and throttle maps to be more aggressive (shifts hold longer in gear and the accelerator pedal becomes more responsive by requiring less input for more fuel delivery). Since every Audi for well over a decade includes this feature, surely, you have this in your car as well, no?
Yes, my dumbs**t light just came on!

I typically run all the time with my car preset programmed to Dynamic so my "S" mode is normally on.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
I typically run all the time with my car preset programmed to Dynamic so my "S" mode is normally on.
That brings up a question: I also have my car preset to Dynamic; does that mean that I don't have to put the gearshift into "S" to get the sport mode? And if I do put it in "S" combined with the dynamic, does it boost it up even higher?
Old 08-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well for me the dynamic mode is an option, but pulling on the gear stick also puts it in sports or what ever s means, and its significantly different to just dynamic. I get wheel spin from stop, making me a proper audi ******, haha! (Its a bloody diesel too)
Old 08-29-2014, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by garethsnaim
Well for me the dynamic mode is an option, but pulling on the gear stick also puts it in sports or what ever s means, and its significantly different to just dynamic. I get wheel spin from stop, making me a proper audi ******, haha! (Its a bloody diesel too)
Is that the twin turbo diesel that we cannot get in the US?

Quick Reply: Sat Nav woes