Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Seat Wrinked

Old 02-05-2015, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoneybroke
I also have identical buttocks, since my seat looks EXACTLY like the pictured seats,
The three (I believe that is correct) identical creases/indents in ventilated A6 seats makes me wonder if there isn’t a common post-production situation at play here. Does Audi (or a shipper) put a device in the cars when shipping them to hold the steering wheel in a certain position that rests/pushes on the driver's seat cushion? Or do they place some heavy components on the driver’s seat that will be installed later? These are very odd looking and located creases/dents, some common non-butt conditions may well be at play.
How soon after delivery did they appear?
Old 02-05-2015, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Very nice. Let's keep the same buttocks coming.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what mine looks like. Tried to get the dealer to fix it under warranty, but they refused, said it was caused by driver.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

My drivers seat is doing the exact same thing - right side only, started at 8K. Dealer says this is natural stretching. After 50+ years, always thought my butt was symmetrical, never knew I was "right cheeked", guess I'll have to work more on my left cheek or my pants will start wearing unevenly.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
The three (I believe that is correct) identical creases/indents in ventilated A6 seats makes me wonder if there isn’t a common post-production situation at play here. Does Audi (or a shipper) put a device in the cars when shipping them to hold the steering wheel in a certain position that rests/pushes on the driver's seat cushion? Or do they place some heavy components on the driver’s seat that will be installed later? These are very odd looking and located creases/dents, some common non-butt conditions may well be at play.
How soon after delivery did they appear?
I think you might be on to something. I took delivery of a 2015 and started noticing the exact same wrinkle in less than 1000 miles. I do not drive with a wallet and when not driving I keep my wallet on the left side so even that would not explain why that wrinkle appears on the right side. I weigh less than 200 lbs so I'm not putting more than normal stress on the seat. Life's been busy so I haven't taken it in the dealer to ask about it, but I planned to raise hell when I took it in for the 5K service. I will post a picture later to help everyone make the case to their dealers. The more we can get posted, the more evidence there is that its not just normal wear and people aren't causing this from misuse. Other than this issue, I could not be happier with the car.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had/have this problem in my '13 A7. Dealer actually ordered and replaced the seat skin, but unfortunately it's happened again on that new one.

I'm guessing the sub-frame or padding underneath on the right side is designed poorly??
Old 02-05-2015, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdatalife
I had/have this problem in my '13 A7. Dealer actually ordered and replaced the seat skin, but unfortunately it's happened again on that new one.

I'm guessing the sub-frame or padding underneath on the right side is designed poorly??
Is this happening only to the Prestige model's upscale/better seats or to the "base" Premium and Premium Plus seats as well?
I am just trying to figure out what is going on and what the implications may be for guys like me - I have a 2013 A6 P+ and in 9 months my l3-yr ease will be up. If crap like this continues unresolved by Audi maybe it is time after 10 years to jump ship to another brand. I agree with a previous poster - many Japanese cars I have seen with 10-15 year old leather seats look better than those in many Audi's I see that are only a year or two old. Are German cows wrinkly? Maybe Lexus uses hides from Kobe beef cows. This is nuts.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Is this happening only to the Prestige model's upscale/better seats or to the "base" Premium and Premium Plus seats as well?
s.
The OP has the P+ seats
Old 02-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by douglife
I think you might be on to something. I took delivery of a 2015 and started noticing the exact same wrinkle in less than 1000 miles. I do not drive with a wallet and when not driving I keep my wallet on the left side so even that would not explain why that wrinkle appears on the right side. I weigh less than 200 lbs so I'm not putting more than normal stress on the seat. Life's been busy so I haven't taken it in the dealer to ask about it, but I planned to raise hell when I took it in for the 5K service. I will post a picture later to help everyone make the case to their dealers. The more we can get posted, the more evidence there is that its not just normal wear and people aren't causing this from misuse. Other than this issue, I could not be happier with the car.
Including a picture
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2015, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Could be a photo of my seat after 18k miles

Name:  IMG_0459_zpsqdgnyboi.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  54.9 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat Wrinked