Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Service says no problem for known TSBs - Help

Old 03-11-2014, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Service says no problem for known TSBs - Help

Sorry for starting a new thread on this but time is of the essence.

My car is in service and I reported a few issues:

Harsh shift 1-2
MMI issues
Engine shutoff when door is open

They are coming back and saying none of those are problems.

Should I call back with TSBs to check against?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I live an hour away from the dealer, I will be driving a total of 4 hours today to get my car serviced. Should I expect that they look up TSBs to see if any match the problems I am asking about?

I called back and left a message with the TSBs to check. If they still refuse what is my next move?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to the service manager. Take pics or video of the harsh downshifts and the problems with MMI.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK.

So they are going to apply the shift TSB.

They said the engine shutoff TSB is no longer available... I gave them 2031850/3 anyone have any ideas on this...

They were either confused or playing dumb with the MMI, they said they didn't know what version 715-2 meant.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
OK.

So they are going to apply the shift TSB.

They said the engine shutoff TSB is no longer available... I gave them 2031850/3 anyone have any ideas on this...

They were either confused or playing dumb with the MMI, they said they didn't know what version 715-2 meant.
I'm having the same problem getting the engine shutoff TSB dealt with. I'd rather have the dealer do it than do it myself in VCDS.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I'm having the same problem getting the engine shutoff TSB dealt with. I'd rather have the dealer do it than do it myself in VCDS.
I guess I'm going to give up on this one if I can get the MMI update in at least. This one is a complete annoyance, but I can live with it.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I guess I'm going to give up on this one if I can get the MMI update in at least. This one is a complete annoyance, but I can live with it.
It took the dealer that I brought the car to 3 times to figure out how to get 715 on my car. Originally they thought that it could be put on the car from Audi web site directly, but eventually figured out acquiring a CD from Audi and using it to perform the update via DVD player on the car. Hope that this will work for you. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Its totally exhausting to deal with this stuff...

This is not a great luxury experience. I'm literally asking for 3 software updates, that should not be a big deal.

My service adviser said the tech didn't even know how to check the MMI version...
Old 03-11-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Can you do this for sure in VCDS? I hate to spend $350 to fix this one thing, but maybe I will get annoyed enough with it.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iBetterDoNow
It took the dealer that I brought the car to 3 times to figure out how to get 715 on my car. Originally they thought that it could be put on the car from Audi web site directly, but eventually figured out acquiring a CD from Audi and using it to perform the update via DVD player on the car. Hope that this will work for you. Good luck.
How long ago did you have it done that they didn't even have the CD? And was this a new way of updating?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service says no problem for known TSBs - Help