Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Service says no problem for known TSBs - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grapeking
Chinese knockoff cable? VCDS? Seems to me if you can afford to drive (not to mention heavily mod) your A6 you should be able to support the company that writes and continuously updates the VCDS software.
If their prices were more realistic, I'd buy from Ross Tech. I paid $50 for the app I use to do the same stuff in BMWs. I even offered to buy a software license from RT. They didn't want to sell me just a license, screw them. Same reason I went with a piggyback over a regular tune. I don't overpay for anything. I buy the cheapest thing that will get the job done, and in this case, its the knockoff. So what if I need to buy a new cable when the software is updated. BFD. For as cheap as they are, I'll buy a new one if I need it.
I'm not loyal to any particular company. They want to put me on the payroll, I'll use their product. If not, so sorry.

You want to judge me because of it, go ahead. Means nothing to me. I have other things to worry about that are a little more important than some random person judging me.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I don't overpay for anything. I buy the cheapest thing that will get the job done, and in this case, its the knockoff. So what if I need to buy a new cable when the software is updated. BFD. For as cheap as they are, I'll buy a new one if I need it.
While it's your right to be "thrifty" about your purchases, there's a difference between buying something cheap and something stolen. Buying a "knockoff" cable which contains a stolen key code for Uwe's software is not at all the same as buying a piggyback tuner!

I don't mean to derail the discussion, but I too would urge the OP to purchase a VCDS setup - it's a tiny percentage of the car's cost and it's functionality that in truth should ship with the vehicle!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't begrudge anyone being thrifty. I'm guilty of the same. But I also know that intellectual property does have value - and if we want good tools to use (like VCDS) then we really do need to support the developer. I've seen you post a lot of good info here and be very helpful to others, so I was surprised by your approach.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So after I typed my previous message I decided to give it one last shot... I called AoA one last time. My dealer called me, asked me a couple of additional questions about my iPhone. Lo and behold I got a call this afternoon, the car was ready with the 715-2 update!

I picked it up this evening it had the following updates:

Steering recall
Engine Shut off when exit car turned off
Jerky transmission
MMI update

First the steering. I can't say I noticed it particularly looser. I was very happily surprised and relieved. I had it in dynamic and it felt really good. Better maybe.

Engine shut-off seems to be working.

Transmission jerkiness improved

MMI Update - 2 main things I noticed...

1: The stereo is a LOT better, not awesome but MUCH better.
2: The time display now works on BT

So happy ending.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, persistence paid off. It shouldn't have to be this way but nevertheless, you got them to move off the dime. Congrats on the victory.

In case you haven't noticed it yet, there's a nice little benny from the 48K8 transmission update (I presume that's what was performed to address your jerky gear shifts). If you move the gearshift lever from D to S, the tranny will now usually downshift two gears instead of just one as was before the update. Great for helping with deceleration w/o having to go manual shift.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well, persistence paid off. It shouldn't have to be this way but nevertheless, you got them to move off the dime. Congrats on the victory.

In case you haven't noticed it yet, there's a nice little benny from the 48K8 transmission update (I presume that's what was performed to address your jerky gear shifts). If you move the gearshift lever from D to S, the tranny will now usually downshift two gears instead of just one as was before the update. Great for helping with deceleration w/o having to go manual shift.
Snagit the 48k8 is the steering update not the transmission.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Snagit the 48k8 is the steering update not the transmission.
Right you are. I confused the two. Too many updates, too little sleep.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
So after I typed my previous message I decided to give it one last shot... I called AoA one last time. My dealer called me, asked me a couple of additional questions about my iPhone. Lo and behold I got a call this afternoon, the car was ready with the 715-2 update!

I picked it up this evening it had the following updates:

Steering recall
Engine Shut off when exit car turned off
Jerky transmission
MMI update

First the steering. I can't say I noticed it particularly looser. I was very happily surprised and relieved. I had it in dynamic and it felt really good. Better maybe.

Engine shut-off seems to be working.

Transmission jerkiness improved

MMI Update - 2 main things I noticed...

1: The stereo is a LOT better, not awesome but MUCH better.
2: The time display now works on BT

So happy ending.
Great news for you! I'm taking mine in on saturday for the MMI update and already told them the issue is the speakers popping (even though it never pops but who cares, I want the update). Do you happen to have a TSB for the transmission jerkiness by chance? I'm also going to ask them to update if available.

thanks!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcamber
Great news for you! I'm taking mine in on saturday for the MMI update and already told them the issue is the speakers popping (even though it never pops but who cares, I want the update). Do you happen to have a TSB for the transmission jerkiness by chance? I'm also going to ask them to update if available.

thanks!
I believe this is the right one

TSB #2029305/9 TCM software calibration to improve shift concerns (harsh downshifts when braking or harsh 1-2 upshift under acceleration)