Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Some pics of Delivery day for my new '16 A6 in Scottsdale on Friday 6-12!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pics on Delivery day for new '16 A6 in Scottsdale .. Update after Tint and EXPEL job

The following are a collection of pix of my long awaited '16 A6 Prestige/S-line Sports/20" wheels, Driver's Assist new ride coming off the truck from the port in San Diego, through unwrapping and pre-delivery detailing that my long time sales rep, service manager and parts manager at Audi North Scottsdale all kindly went out of their way to make a fun day for me, allowing me to see pretty much the whole process of taking a car from the truck to driving it away in less than a day of primo service and TLC.

Many thanks gals and guys at Audi NS!

First view right off the truck at 8am this morning

In the bay for unwrapping and detailing

A photo paints a thousand words

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-16-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

And a few more showing the Metal pedal covers and the S-Line badged steering wheel spoke emblem I bought two weeks ago at Audi Brussels and our service manager just swapped out in heart beat without having to dismantle the airbag or any such major effort.

Same with the metal pedal covers, the gas and brake were simple snap ons but the dead pedal cover took a bit of work and is best done by the dealer on a brand new warrantied car.

SLine Steering wheel badged emblem after being swapped in place of the original still nice plain piano black one.

These are the metal pedal covers Audi North Scottsdale parts ordered in for me and kindly installed .. really add a nice touch to the look I think and feel great too with a lot of grip.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Really in seventh heaven over this car the first day of driving. My concerns about the 20" wheels being a bit too stiff were unfounded, at least in the mostly kind and clean Arizona roads, the handling improvement over the 18" is VERY noticeable, and I even felt a significant improvement in overall ride quality over the same roads I am intimately familiar with on my just retired trusty 2012 A4!

At this point, (admittedly still a bit early) that one potential concern I had has vanished into delight. :-) .. Incredibly quiet too in the cabin, the acoustic glass in the '16s being notably quieter on these same streets than the already pretty quiet prior years of the C7 that I have driven.

And it is SOOO easy to suddenly find yourself speeding in a heartbeat. Other cars just disappear in the rear mirrors without even trying to get off the line.

Must be careful here and get that radar detector sooner rather than later, Ha!

All the MMI and other tech stuff I tried out today worked flawlessly so far. Will keep you posted over the weekend leading up to the full front body XPEL Ultimate and window tint treatment on a full day of final detailing beginning Monday morning. was 106 degrees here today and will be 110 to 111 on Monday .. yikes! ... before returning the two hours north to home at 4,800 feet higher altitude and around 12 or so degrees cooler.

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-12-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having 19"s myself I think some of the roads are pathetic to drive on and others wonderful, but glad you like the 20"s. Bought mine at North Scottsdale, great dealership.

Nice car!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DasA6
Having 19"s myself I think some of the roads are pathetic to drive on and others wonderful, but glad you like the 20"s. Bought mine at North Scottsdale, great dealership.

Nice car!
Thanks DasA6, glad you like it, and true enough there are some very marginal roads too here as in every big city I imagine, particularly deeper in town and in certain neighborhoods, but in my experience the bad spots are largely outweighed by the many decent roads in AZ and Im more than willing to go easy on the rough roads being that they at least the ones I don't often frequent that much and are more or less limited in duration.

The drive home to Sedona no doubt will be fun and beautiful on Monday early evening around sunset.

Totally agree too on Audi NS being the best auto dealer Ive ever dealt with. Love Debby L. who has sold us our last three Audis and she has made the whole thing a breeze each time, and Jason B. has been a fantastic service rep for my wife and I, constantly going the extra mile to take great care of us, could not recommend Jason and the whole crew including parts manager Anthony P and Jonathan McB, Troy T. and Bryan McC as well there any higher!

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-12-2015 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely beautiful. Although I love the look of those wheels, I'm cringing at the thought of having to clean them. Are you considering after-market pads? Congrats on the new ride!!
Old 06-13-2015, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of curiosity, may I ask what brand/model tires? I know it varies by region and build date. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiByNature
Absolutely beautiful. Although I love the look of those wheels, I'm cringing at the thought of having to clean them. Are you considering after-market pads? Congrats on the new ride!!
Hi AudiByNature, thanks and that was a bit of a concern at first when I went with these bi-color 5 star design 20" over the also great looking twin 5 spoke Black optic version 20", that I went back and forth over.

But I decided I would knuckle down and do what it takes to keep clean these striking and really gorgeous close up wheels.

Fortunately, courtesy of Inyoury here, who has the same wheels on his '16, he found that they are incredibly easy to clean .. first there is a slick coating on the wheels, as is, that apparently doesnt hold brake dust strongly and furthermore he found that simply by using ArmourAll Quicksilver Wheel and Tire cleaner and spraying each wheel prior to washing your car, then after the wash, or anytime after 5 minutes of letting the spray soak on the wheels, just spray the wheels down with water, pat dry with a towel or California duster kind of wheel tool and you are done!

Perfectly clean with minimal effort according to Inyoury and I got a bottle handy so look forward to reporting my confirmation of his discovery before long.

And the tires are the trusty Pirelli P-Zeros as seem to land on the vast majority of new A6's these days from the factory. I had requested Contis with my order, even though I had realized that they would just shod the car with whatever train load of tires they had on stock that week ... or month ... or year as the case may be as it seems with the ever present Pirellis.

I dont mind. P-Zeros have some assets, just that long tread wear is not one of them ... I will get some Conti' Extreme DWS-06s in late October or November as the cold starts to arrive, and maybe some Extreme DW's for the longer warm to hot months here in AZ when the P-Zeros are done.

I really love the new wider grill as well and fortunately in AZ we don't require license plates on front of the car so Audi sends these very clean and unbroken up grill designs to us from the factory that are not even set up to adapt for a license plate like some past Audi grills that have the large holes and an obvious assembly to accommodate a license plate frame, even when they are removed here in AZ .... this is how the grill was designed in the drawing room and you just have to specify the grill you want if you can use it in your state.

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-20-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks great. What color is that? Looks like Florett Silver, but in some light Tornado Grey looks very light and silvery as well.

Quick Reply: Some pics of Delivery day for my new '16 A6 in Scottsdale on Friday 6-12!