Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Thanks Snagit. Project for a cold Saturday upcoming here in MI.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I admit that it's not obvious on how to add a location - they do make it difficult to find. You might also want to add your year, model, engine and trim in your sig. Not only countries are different but models, trims and years have different features and capabilities.
- User CP
- Edit Signature
Old 11-20-2015, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It's interesting that the people who write the code for the forum obviously never use it. They assume that a delineation of C7 A6 is enough for every car around the world.
I still maintain that Audi have never made two cars the same. Permutations of color, version, location, options and software already offers more possibilities than cars sold.

snagit, I hope your post gets the attention it deserves, I too have written many times regarding this issue and how responses are ambiguous when not knowing the details of the question.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Likr I've said in the past, all you can do is mention it to individuals as it comes up but it will not change the behavior of a portion of the masses. A flea on an elephant. Internet Brands owns the website, along with many other car brand forums, and they write the code. Even our AW Sr. Editor and Chief Goat Herder can't affect underlying structure changes. It is what it is and no amount of complaining is going to change it. Just one of the seversl crosses we must bear to participate in one of the very best car info sharing forums around.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

In a somewhat related vein, I still get a kick out if the way questionable/dirty words like “****" (lol) are ****'d out if you visit the site without logging-in and your cookies have been cleared since your last visit. See fEArmE's post to the person asking if the door handles light up. I guess once you have verified that you are member it is OK for you to encounter disgusting, salacious and vulgar words like “****”.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

snagit, most providers of goods and services try to improve and/or stay current with modern trends so if someone from Internet brands actually looked at the site, or used it, they too would realize the opportunity to improve. Any company that consciously ignores the opportunity to improve will stagnate and depart. (GM comes to mind). If they don't even listen to our chief goat herder then who does dictate their direction?
I thought that putting a bunch of geeks in a room to generate innovation was a recipe for progressive thinking but the problem remains that geeks can't drive and only utilize convertible BMW's for posing.
I understand that the real reason is viewership expansion for advertising and doing their best for not offending anyone by asking members to divulge information about location and what they drive. Our only hope is that our members can see the value of the information so that the threads are worth reading. At least 50% of the threads comments are dependent on this info and when omitted only prompts more questions.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

DB, I don't disagree with anything you wrote but, again, complaining on here about it won't have any effect - it's spitting into the wind on deaf ears (mixing metaphors). So we do the best we can with what we've got - something I learned a long, long time ago in the Marines. Complaining then (and believe me, we did a lot if it) didn't help there either. So we motored on and somehow still got the job done. As we do here.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

snagit, hopefully readers here will get prompted by reading this thread and together with your instructions will realize the value of inputting the data.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol

Old 11-22-2015, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait. What just happened?

Quick Reply: Sport suspension