Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Subwoofer upgrade complete - and it rocks!

Old 04-19-2015, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

HOW DO YOU CONNECT WIRES FROM THE HEAD OR AMPLIFIER ???
You must cut the speaker wires that come out of the OEM amplifier and connect them to a DSP or line converter device. There are wire diagrams for our cars available at Audi erWin.

Originally Posted by Harvi007
Has to be from the amp as the wires from the head unit are fiber optic.
You can use the MOST fiber optic cable if you have a mObridge. That's how my stereo works. MOST fiber optic into mObridge DA1, optical digital into DSP, RCA from DSP into amplifiers.

The mObridge is only a solution if you are upgrading the full system, however. Since you disconnect the factory amplifier, the factory speakers will not work while using the mObridge.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Bose system is definitely a significant step
up over the stock system used in the A6 (same system basically as in the stock A4 and it's rather anemic there as well) B&O is a big jump over both, but the Bose system is reasonably comparable in quality to the smaller B&O in our prestige 2015 A4, so at least there relative cost/performance is close between a very nice B&O in the A4 and Bose in the A6... Though the B&O in the A4 has a very slight edge is smooth clean treble as well as slighter more taut bass but it's pretty close by way of comparison.

While I would love the B&O in my new 2916 A6 soon on the way from Neckarsulm the Bose was decent enough to convince me to not she'll out an addition 4 grand over the Already big upgrade over the stock system in the Bose..

Still there is no doubt a bigger improvement could easily be has with the Bose by choosing some much better compatible fit speakers to swap out.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VA_Stephen
Can't wait to get your take on it!

Thought about something similar to Cleansweep, but it appears to be a much more invasive (and expensive) upgrade since in addition to a bigger and more expensive processing box it would seem to require an ADDITIONAL high power amp...and require significantly more labor to install; likely doubling my current $700 budget.

I'm also concerned I might not see enough improvement to make that kind of investment worthwhile since I mostly listen to Sirus & Bluetooth sources around town and mostly only use iPod or SD card for longer trips

Please post your results (and pics) soonest!!
Hi, so I got my LC2i yesterday, got it all linked up, and IMO it sounds sweet. The levels on the LC2i are very very low. The DSP bass control on the mmi seems to work fine.

Here is a pic of the subs with my new trunk lights (LED).

2 x 12" in box which can be removed as and when required.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

faced with the fact that the services are told to refer to the AUDI, as they say in the car all okay))), no need to change anything you.
But I already put the head on another 400 watt now I want to find an amp for it, but in the services I'm afraid to put say that will burn itself head unit , because there is already output from the amplifier goes to subwoofer.
Friend please make a diagram on a piece of paper or photos which wires where hooked up.no one believes what I've read)))
Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old 04-26-2015, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

it was a regular subwoofer
Old 04-26-2015, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I also just got this subwoofer 10.<br/>I have a new 400 watt. amplifier want to buy.<br/>Friend please help the wire connection scheme.<br/>we have service centers do not take such work.<br/>they say it's not possible)))
Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KORABLEW45
faced with the fact that the services are told to refer to the AUDI, as they say in the car all okay))), no need to change anything you.
But I already put the head on another 400 watt now I want to find an amp for it, but in the services I'm afraid to put say that will burn itself head unit , because there is already output from the amplifier goes to subwoofer.
Friend please make a diagram on a piece of paper or photos which wires where hooked up.no one believes what I've read)))
Ok so here is my setup, as can be seen the levels on the LC2i are very very low.

Im yet to tidy up my wiring.

I removed the stock sub as my box would not fit correctly. I then used that feed to go into the LC2i box and then onto my amp.
I only connected the feed to the left input channel.

Here is hookup diagram:

Last edited by Harvi007; 04-26-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And then from the 3rd party audio amp, feed the new sub(s).
Old 04-26-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvi007
Ok so here is my setup, as can be seen the levels on the LC2i are very very low.

Im yet to tidy up my wiring.

I removed the stock sub as my box would not fit correctly. I then used that feed to go into the LC2i box and then onto my amp.
I only connected the feed to the left input channel.

Here is hookup diagram:

Did you connect the amp remote input to the remote output from the LC2i?
Or directly to the 12V switched outlet?

Just asking because the way you drew the lines in your connection diagram looks like the amp remote in is going directly from the 12V socket. I would think it's preferable to put the amp downstream from the LC2i to help prevent possible turn on noise. The LC2i probably has a short delay when turning on to prevent pops.

Or, maybe that's how it is connected and I'm just reading the drawing wrong?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Subwoofer upgrade complete - and it rocks!