Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Subwoofer upgrade complete - and it rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Best_jose
I bought an alpine mrv m500 to be installed in my 2012 a6 2.0 tfsi. When I looked for the amp in the car, in the cubby driver side, it wasn't there!!!

Do you now where else could it be situated?

Thank you very much.

Ps: my car has a 6.5 inch, 2 sd slots and its software version is RMC_EU_P11311.
I have same problem. Non bose system. Where can I find that amp? Or can I connect amp to the sub signal wires?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Now that I have the mObridge DA1 preamp installed and running, I wanted to point out this really is the best way to go for upgrading the audio while keeping the MMI intact and functional.

Benefits:

1. Super easy install. Simply run power, ground and remote turn-on wires. Unclip the MOST harness from the OEM amplifier and plug it directly into the mObridge. No alteration of the OEM wires or harnesses required. It's plug and play. Stupid easy. When you want to return the car to original state, just unplug the MOST harness from the mObridge and back into the OEM amplifier. Done.

2. When you unplug the Bose amplifier from the MOST ring, the MMI software downgrades itself automatically. The Bose DSP features go away from the Audio Settings menu. No more "Audio Pilot." It actually reverts to the GALA setup. This means the noise cancellation system is bypassed fully, without having to disconnect any of the microphones.

3. Optical digital output. The source signal stays digital from the MOST fiber network into the mObridge, and then optical out of the mObridge and into your processor or amplifiers.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 02-25-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Having problems geting the C-pillar covers off, feel stupid, can't even get past Step 1!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yenner1
Having problems geting the C-pillar covers off, feel stupid, can't even get past Step 1!
It requires just a bit of pressure and understand which direction it will swivel out.

When I get home, I will post a pic of the diagram I used...or spijun might beat me to it
Old 03-16-2015, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Gronk....did you forget about me?
Old 03-21-2015, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gronk....did you forget about me?
So sorry! I did...and I just realized that spijun frequents the Q5 forums, not here

Here is a pic I took from my service guide. Let me know if this isn't the correct pillar you are interested in.
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gronk
So sorry! I did...and I just realized that spijun frequents the Q5 forums, not here

Here is a pic I took from my service guide. Let me know if this isn't the correct pillar you are interested in.
Gronk, I think it is the C-Pillar not the D-Pillar. Thank you so much, just don't want to break anything on my new car!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gronk, I think it is the C-Pillar not the D-Pillar. Thank you so much, just don't want to break anything on my new car!
I can, but quick question...why do you need to remove the C pillar? If I recall, you only need to remove the D pillar to switch out the subwoofer.

If you still want it, I'll go back and post that as well.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gronk
I can, but quick question...why do you need to remove the C pillar? If I recall, you only need to remove the D pillar to switch out the subwoofer.

If you still want it, I'll go back and post that as well.
I thought it was the C-Pillar based upon the instructions on post#1. I managed to get the C off but it didn't seem right or easy to remove which is when I posted. Thanks for your help, I'll try the D's.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi All,

I have the Bose system.

Has anyone heard of any problems or potential problems going from the 3.2ohm sub to a 4ohm or dual 4ohm sub on the factory amp? I'm not going to be switching out the amp. I have a different plan for more bass later.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Subwoofer upgrade complete - and it rocks!