Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Not Liking My Headrest

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not Liking My Headrest

After driving my new A6 for a couple weeks, I'm finding that the headrest pushes my head too far forward, even when it is adjusted to its farthest rear position. Is it possible to get replacement headrests?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife had the same complaint on her A6 after the drive home from the dealer when we picked it up a few weeks ago. The built in adjustments do not seem to help. My S4 seat is one piece and not an issue. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

The seats flat out suck in my opinion
Old 05-17-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not a big fan of the seats either. At first, loved them. Now for some reason, I just can't find a position to get fully comfortable. Also, has anybody noticed that your right foot gets tired while stepping on the gas after an unusually short period of time? I feel like it's awkwardly resting on the pedals. Maybe it's just me?
Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm reasonably happy with the seats in general, although I wish the seat ventilation had a bit more oomph to it. I'd think about getting a back rest to get my head into a better position, but that would mess up the seat heating and ventilation, and I'm sure it would spoil the look of the interior, so I'd rather figure out a way to get the headrest adjusted properly.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too am not too thrilled about the seats. Not the worst I've had but not the best. I like the lumbar in the passenger side. The headrest doesn't bother me. Wish the ventilated seat feature actually...did something tangible in warm weather.

But if you think these headrests are too far forward, try an Acura. You can't even adjust it, heh.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I test drove another A6 Wednesday and noticed the headrest was hitting the back of my head. Since I hadn't noticed this on my prior test drives I assumed it was just an adjustment thing but you have me thinking now that maybe it wasn't.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Estimated Prophet
I test drove another A6 Wednesday and noticed the headrest was hitting the back of my head. Since I hadn't noticed this on my prior test drives I assumed it was just an adjustment thing but you have me thinking now that maybe it wasn't.
It adjusts reasonably far back, so it may have been thrust forward by the previous (test) driver. If set all the way front it does push against one's head a bit.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

An update on this:

1) I took my A6 in for the 5K service a week ago and asked about the headrests and whether there was some sort of modification or replacement available. The service guy said that the headrest position is a safety issue and Audi won't do anything about it as long as it is working properly. He also said that I wasn't the first person who had complained about this.

2) I've been going to physical therapy recently for some shoulder and neck problems, so I took the A6 to my appointment today so my PT could look at the seat and the head position. I told her that I felt that the headrest was pushing my head too far forward. She looked while I sat in normal driving position, and she told me that she didn't want to disappoint me, but the headrest was keeping my head in a very good position and my posture in the car's seat was the best she had seen from me. I guess I shouldn't complain any more; the A6 isn't only a great ride, it is therapeutic as well!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by pevend
An update on this:

I guess I shouldn't complain any more; the A6 isn't only a great ride, it is therapeutic as well!
haha.. +1 for Audi!

Quick Reply: Not Liking My Headrest