Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Toe out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toe out?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Audi and AudiWorld. This seems like a great forum with good people so here I am. Anyway, I recently purchased a CPO 2014 A6 3.0T with less than 20k on the clock and it came with the 19" wheels/sport package. I love the style of the A6, the all wheel drive, and it's motor. I really want to love everything about it. However one issue I have with it is when I'm driving down the freeway, it feels like I'm always having to give input to the steering wheel to keep it going straight. Is this normal with the 19" wheel sport package?

It seems that the car is easily veered left or right with even a slight irregularity of the road. I noticed when the vehicle is parked with the steering wheel centered that the front tires look a little toed out. Is this right? When I bought the car, it had on new ContiProContacts all around and the dealer said the wheels were also aligned. It seemed strange to me at the time that the tires were replaced on a car with less than 20k, but hey new tires can't complain right? and the car felt fine during the test drive.

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CalAudiSix
Hi everyone!

I'm new to Audi and AudiWorld. This seems like a great forum with good people so here I am. Anyway, I recently purchased a CPO 2014 A6 3.0T with less than 20k on the clock and it came with the 19" wheels/sport package. I love the style of the A6, the all wheel drive, and it's motor. I really want to love everything about it. However one issue I have with it is when I'm driving down the freeway, it feels like I'm always having to give input to the steering wheel to keep it going straight. Is this normal with the 19" wheel sport package?

It seems that the car is easily veered left or right with even a slight irregularity of the road. I noticed when the vehicle is parked with the steering wheel centered that the front tires look a little toed out. Is this right? When I bought the car, it had on new ContiProContacts all around and the dealer said the wheels were also aligned. It seemed strange to me at the time that the tires were replaced on a car with less than 20k, but hey new tires can't complain right? and the car felt fine during the test drive.

Thanks for your input.
That doesn't sound right for the steering on the high way. That is one of the things I love about A6, minimal effort for steering and good overall control. take it back to the dealer and have them recheck.

The stock P-zero tires many come with wears down fast. Some people have replaced them as low as 17k miles. So that is normal.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Inyoury
That doesn't sound right for the steering on the high way. That is one of the things I love about A6, minimal effort for steering and good overall control. take it back to the dealer and have them recheck.

The stock P-zero tires many come with wears down fast. Some people have replaced them as low as 17k miles. So that is normal.
Thanks Inyoury. It was hard for me to believe that this would be normal. I will have the dealer look at it.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

have alignment checked for sure. I've seen others post they hardly touch their wheel on straight roads... and I myself feel car needs minimum input as well unless you have a damaged rim that changes balance. In your case alignment. = )
Old 05-21-2016, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
have alignment checked for sure. I've seen others post they hardly touch their wheel on straight roads... and I myself feel car needs minimum input as well unless you have a damaged rim that changes balance. In your case alignment. = )
Thanks. I didn't think it was right.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury

Agreed. I have the 19" package, too and notice no amount of drift on the highway. Let us know what you find out.