Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Too good to be true CPO A6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, need your input:

I'm first in line for a fully loaded CPO 2012 A6 Prestige w/ 34k miles. It's currently going through the certification process so I should find out by tomorrow if it's clear.

Asking price is $40,500. Good deal?

2012 A6 3.0 SEDAN 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO 4G251A - $71,755
5MG - INLAY - DARK WALNUT WOOD, 6NQ - HEADLINER IN BLACK CLOTH, 6W3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE - HOLDER, 8RF - BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM, 9ZW - 9ZW, AMI - AMI, PAW - COLD WEATHER PACKAGE, PPB - CD CHANGER NOT AVAILABLE, PQJ - SPORT PACKAGE - SEE ORDER GUIDE FOR PACKAGE DET, WPD - INNOVATION PACKAGE, WPT - PRESTIGE PACKAGE
Old 07-30-2015, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the price is a bit high. In canada here where dollar is weaker, price on a similar vehicle listed cpo would be 38-40k USD.

I was offered a vehicle with 23k miles for 35kusd cpo'd and i declined.
it was premium plus w sline... the only thing missing was the bang and olufsen sound system.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought a 2012 A6 Prestige this past May with everything you mentioned except the B&O, final asking price was $38K, had 38K miles at the time. This was in Texas. I had to drive a couple hours from Houston to Austin. There aren't that many of these fully loaded to come by, I'd say that you can probably bargain a little more, but based on my research a few months ago, that's not a bad deal. And you have the B&O system, which is hard to come by used. Just my 2 cents
Old 07-30-2015, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ypa814
I bought a 2012 A6 Prestige this past May with everything you mentioned except the B&O, final asking price was $38K, had 38K miles at the time. This was in Texas. I had to drive a couple hours from Houston to Austin. There aren't that many of these fully loaded to come by, I'd say that you can probably bargain a little more, but based on my research a few months ago, that's not a bad deal. And you have the B&O system, which is hard to come by used. Just my 2 cents
Thanks, my biggest problem has always been that the best priced cars are on the West Coast, so factoring the cost to ship wouldn't make it much of a deal.

The one I'm considering now also has AudiCare till 45k miles.

It has tints and tail light vinyl, I'm curious if it was someone on the forum.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Governor
The one I'm considering now also has AudiCare till 45k miles.
Keep in mind that Audi Care is not a warranty but a prepaid scheduled maintenance program for 15, 25, 35 and 45K mi services only.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Keep in mind that Audi Care is not a warranty but a prepaid scheduled maintenance program for 15, 25, 35 and 45K mi services only.
Right. The car would be Audi Certified for 100k. The AudiCare just happened to be included, so was wondering if that would justify the $40k asking price.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Governor
Right. The car would be Audi Certified for 100k. The AudiCare just happened to be included, so was wondering if that would justify the $40k asking price.
Depends on how many services were left. Orig price was around $850 for four of them. Not a lot of monetary value there if only 1 or 2 left.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Depends on how many services were left. Orig price was around $850 for four of them. Not a lot of monetary value there if only 1 or 2 left.
I see your point now. The dealer said that during the certification process they are most likely doing the next scheduled service, entitling me to only one more free service (45k) as part of the AudiCare.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Best thing to do is go online to Kelly's Blue Book, Edmunds and Cars.com to do a sanity check with a car optioned and mileage like the one you are considering. It will give you a pretty good idea if the $40K price is in the ballpark. If it's too high, either negotiate a lower price or keep looking. These cars weren't hand built one at a time by elves in the Black Forest. There will always be another to find.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best thing to do is go online to Kelly's Blue Book, Edmunds and Cars.com to do a sanity check with a car optioned and mileage like the one you are considering. It will give you a pretty good idea if the $40K price is in the ballpark. If it's too high, either negotiate a lower price or keep looking. These cars weren't hand built one at a time by elves in the Black Forest. There will always be another to find.
LOL - That was pretty funny

Quick Reply: Too good to be true CPO A6?