Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Transmission fluid cooler control circuit error

Old 07-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission fluid cooler control circuit error

I have an 2012 A6 Prestige with around 56k mileage. Last week, without any symptom, the engine check light was on when I turned on the car in the morning. My friend who is a mechanic checked the error for me and found that it shows error #T2753 "Transmission fluid cooler control circuit open". He said he couldn't find much service info on the web and doesn't have enough info to fix it. I am wondering if anyone had the same thing happened before and can give me some idea what's going on. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Coincidentally, there was just another post on this here.

-Mark
Old 07-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks so much. That helps a lot. I am not alone.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jonathantam
I have an 2012 A6 Prestige with around 56k mileage. Last week, without any symptom, the engine check light was on when I turned on the car in the morning. My friend who is a mechanic checked the error for me and found that it shows error #T2753 "Transmission fluid cooler control circuit open". He said he couldn't find much service info on the web and doesn't have enough info to fix it. I am wondering if anyone had the same thing happened before and can give me some idea what's going on. Thanks so much in advance.
I am having this same problem did you get it fixed
Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Raymond Francis
I am having this same problem did you get it fixed
Yes. Mechanics found water valve solenoid leaking and cause damage to electrical connector, so I have the water cooling solenoid valve and connector/housing wiring replaced. Refer to the upper thread link and see the part number. Hope this help.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is ur mechanic were you got these parts installed around ny
Old 02-25-2016, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you kno if the problem can be seen from opening the hood or is it in the bottom of the car
Old 02-25-2016, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Raymond Francis
Do you kno if the problem can be seen from opening the hood or is it in the bottom of the car
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/obdii-code-p2753-anyone-2886141/

This is the thread which helped me and my mechanic friend to locate the problem. It lists out all the parts you need and even have a picture showing the damaged parts and how you can access it.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Although I had this repair done by an indy shop initially, I now know hot to do this. So if you have questions let me know. I'ts accessed from under car so I suggest car ramps on front wheels, and there will be liquid spillage so make sure you work on car with cold engine and use eye wear protection.

The hard part is stripping cables and reattaching in the limited space. Tough but not impossible.

Try the unit first and if problem doesn't go away, then do the wiring. or try lesser expensive wiring first if you want to try and save some money and have time and patience to try second attempt.

Edit:
Dealer estimate was roughly $750-ish. Indipendent shop did for $150 when I delivered parts and told them what needed to be done.
Yes it cost me an extra $150 to have dealer diagnose this first. A cost you wn't have to incurr since I did that research on the OBD2 code for you.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 02-25-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Although I had this repair done by an indy shop initially, I now know hot to do this. So if you have questions let me know. I'ts accessed from under car so I suggest car ramps on front wheels, and there will be liquid spillage so make sure you work on car with cold engine and use eye wear protection.

The hard part is stripping cables and reattaching in the limited space. Tough but not impossible.

Try the unit first and if problem doesn't go away, then do the wiring. or try lesser expensive wiring first if you want to try and save some money and have time and patience to try second attempt.

Edit:
Dealer estimate was roughly $750-ish. Indipendent shop did for $150 when I delivered parts and told them what needed to be done.
Yes it cost me an extra $150 to have dealer diagnose this first. A cost you wn't have to incurr since I did that research on the OBD2 code for you.

so the anti freeze is going to leak from there i am going to also need to get antifreeze

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission fluid cooler control circuit error