Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Turn Signal Usage

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn signals?
I never use them. Where are they located? lol
Old 08-25-2014, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Of course, how many people are going to post that they only use them 5% of the time, knowing that they will get slammed by the forum. So I have to assume that if you don't post then you don't use your indicators?
That's like saying of you don't post in the forums you don't own an Audi.
This thread prob belongs in the "Off-Topic Discussion" forum.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DB22
This forum and Audi's in general are typically populated with "enthusiasts" but the use of turn signals on all cars, including Audi's, seems a rarity in most locations and in particular in Southern California.

How many people use them for EVERY lane change and EVERY turn? Input from countries other than the USA would be very useful too but in my travels, it seems that the USA is the worst and has minimal usage.

I like the Audi lane assist which tries to keep you in your lane if you don't indicate but I'm sure that some people turn it off because indicating would be one task too many.
Use mine at least 98% of the time. It is a running joke with my friends that folks who don't use signals decided not to purchase that particular option on whatever vehicle they're driving. It's amazing how many people are too lazy to use signals, of course using their left hand to hold cell phone to their ear might have something to do with not signalling. I'm in Arizona by the way, and I think drivers here are at least as bad as California.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use blinkers almost all of the time, and I also wish I'd get "5-blinks" instead of 3 when just tapping the turn lever.

I stopped using my blinkers when changing lanes in Memphis, because that seemed to alert the driver in the next lane, who could then accelerate and maybe even blow the horn, A--Hole.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I came to the conclusion that most vehicles, particularly in So. Ca, have broken turn signals, since I rarely see them being used. As for myself I use them all the time. That is how I was taught as a teenager. When I drove in Germany in the early eighties it was reinforced by my German colleagues that it is the law and thus imperative that you use your turn signal when turning, changing lanes or indicating a desire to pass. Also when not passing you better be in the right lane.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I live in Arizona as well and it is BAD. The local PD don’t use their turn signals properly either. I've lived all over to include the United Kingdom and it is one of the most aggravating things about driving in the US. It saddens me when I see another Audi turning or changing lanes and I don't get to see the lovely LED signals.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

A tad bit off-topic:
Another thing that frosts my whatever is the people who say on the left lane until the last minute when it is clearly indicated that their lane is ending. They then cut you off or wave and gesture like” “WTF you doing?” if you fail to yield and let them in. There is a section on the southbound Hutchinson River Parkway just north of the 287 intersect where the two southbound lanes merge into one. For a good ¾ of a mile there are 4 or 5 signs indicating that the left lane ends. Almost every time I drive that route some idiot stays in the left and then when inevitably their lane starts tapering and is 50 feet from ending, they try to dart in front. If not successful, they start waving and screaming as if it is my duty to let them in. Knowing about the merger I will move over from the left lane to the right lane to anticipate and provide for a no-drama situation at the merge, but these bozo’s have just got to stay put there in the soon to end lane hoping they force me to yield and gain one, maybe two car positions. Idiots!!
Old 08-25-2014, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
I use blinkers almost all of the time, and I also wish I'd get "5-blinks" instead of 3 when just tapping the turn lever.

I stopped using my blinkers when changing lanes in Memphis, because that seemed to alert the driver in the next lane, who could then accelerate and maybe even blow the horn, A--Hole.
I think you can ask the dealer of someone with VAGcom to make that change for you.

And for turn signals, as ArizonaA6 said, hardly anyone uses them here. It seems a pre-req to have a Super Duty lifted, with the headlights unadjusted so they can blind you in the rearview, smokestack exhausts, tires that sing an opera on the highway, male genitalia hanging from the hitch, and a need to not use turn signals because they're not cool.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

"It's all about me" has been most folks' mantra in this country for the last several decades. Disgraceful!
But some could say they have their rights or freedoms, I suppose. I like the order and predictability/safety that obeying such regulations affords us.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Usage