Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Turn Signal Usage

Old 08-29-2014, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

NHTSA mandatory brain implants will be required.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here's some big-city data from AllState:

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/boston-...--finance.html
Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joebird
Well here's some big-city data from AllState:

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/boston-...--finance.html
Awesome!!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:51 PM
DVE
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a kind of (semi) dynamic indicator light. Not perfect as well as ex works but more than remarkable.

First part only left side, second part both sides

Old 10-12-2014, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I not only always use directionals but my flasher's as well

In this world of distracted drivers, cell phone users and the most dangerous of all, texting while driving idiots, it has become more important than ever to signal. I also use my flashers to wake up those that have drifted off into another world of in-attention as a wake-up call as they come down the highway in back of me to alert them of stopped traffic before they slam into your rear-end. I do wish our Audi's had yellow signal lights instead of red in the US, which definitely stand out more. A bad move by Audi to not give us that proven advantage.
It is urgent to use every available safety feature in your car to avoid an accident, as we now live in the world of the distracted driver. Just down the road from my home, a young high-school student struck and killed a father of three while jogging as she elected to text while driving putting her in that world of distraction that took a life and possibly ruined her life forever.--- SO VERY SAD
Old 07-20-2015, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
I don't have the references in front of me, but the adaptation channels listed for other cars/models don't seem to exist on my C7. Current VCDS versions have label files which offer the choice on the cars/modules it's known for, but it doesn't for my:
Code:
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 4H0-907-063.clb
   Part No SW: 4H0 907 063 CG    HW: 4H0 907 063 
   Component: BCM1 2.0      H12 0130  
   Revision: 11012002
and from what I can tell, there's no tweak known yet to enable it in the C7 platform
Sorry to bump an old post, but I was wondering since almost a year ago, if you've come across any way to do this?

I just did this for a friend's car (MK6), but I'm hitting the same brick walls that you've run into. I'm just not finding any obvious way to accomplish this with the C7.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lnferno
Sorry to bump an old post, but I was wondering since almost a year ago, if you've come across any way to do this?

I just did this for a friend's car (MK6), but I'm hitting the same brick walls that you've run into. I'm just not finding any obvious way to accomplish this with the C7.
The code change for changing the amount of turn signal "blinks"was supposed to work for the B8 series but didn't work on my A4 either.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

But 3 blinks is better than most😄 it's a great feature on most EU cars and it has come to the U.S. but there's not enough smart people driving in the U.S. to use it.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Actually in NYS (and the NYC area especially) most drivers use turn signals. The fact that police will issue a summons with a hefty fine helps. I find that the further you go into small town upstate NY the more likely you are to see traffic rules ignored. Folks seem to think that since they all know each other they “don’t need no Nany Gubbermint to tell them what to do.” That is fine, except that we all need rules to keep from hurting each other, as the number of collisions I witnessed the ten years or so I had a weekend place in NYS’s poorest county taught me.
Not to hijack this thread, but a related peeve of mine is the use of parking lights as a sort of headlight or running light substitute when it's "not so dark." By traffic law in NYS, parking lights are to be on only when the car is parked at the curb. When I see a car facing me with parking lights on I assume it is stopped at the curb and I might attempt a left turn in front of it into a parking lot, for example. Many times, it has turned out the car is moving and the driver is just “being helpful” putting on the “almost-low beams” when dusk approaches. Much like the ones that jam to a stop on a highway on-ramp to make sure they are doing the right thing lol
Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I would think with the advent of DRLs in most new cars now, they are acceptable (and legal) to be on full time. In fact, I believe it's improved safety in all conditions.
BTW, new law in MA as of June 1: headlights must be on whenever the wipers are activated when raining. Nice that our cars do this automatically these days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signal Usage