Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 223734

Default VAG COM Changes - lap timer

Verified that lap timer is enabled according the following:

[17 - Instruments][coding - 07]-> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4
Bit 3 is checked. Latest VAG COM SW identifies this bit as the lap timer enable/disable bit.

I have not been able to find the lap timer under any of the DIS windows. Any ideas would be appreciated.

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 234918

Make sure the DIC selection is on the "Red Tab", the trip computer/mileage/etc.

Hit the 'option' button on the steering wheel to bring up the mode changer, 'Lap Timer' should show up in the list. Scroll with scroll wheel and select.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't look up the 'proper' terms for these things in the manual. Interestingly enough, if you have the Innovation Package/HUD, selecting the Lap Timer will also bring up your currently selected gear and oil temperature on the HUD.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuni View Post
Make sure the DIC selection is on the "Red Tab", the trip computer/mileage/etc.

Hit the 'option' button on the steering wheel to bring up the mode changer, 'Lap Timer' should show up in the list. Scroll with scroll wheel and select.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't look up the 'proper' terms for these things in the manual. Interestingly enough, if you have the Innovation Package/HUD, selecting the Lap Timer will also bring up your currently selected gear and oil temperature on the HUD.
I assume you are talking about the button that brings up a list such as On Board Computer, Efficiency program, Digital speedometer, Adaptive cruise control. If this is what you are referring to lap timer is not in the list. I have searched far and wide for an answer but to no avail.

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune
Lumar Tint:
AIR 80% Front Windshield
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 234918

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
I assume you are talking about the button that brings up a list such as On Board Computer, Efficiency program, Digital speedometer, Adaptive cruise control. If this is what you are referring to lap timer is not in the list. I have searched far and wide for an answer but to no avail.
That is what I meant. Interesting... I've performed the same mod that you outline and I've got the lap timer. Mine's a 2013, though - perhaps there's some software difference between 2012 and 2013 that allows the timer to be activated?
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuni View Post
That is what I meant. Interesting... I've performed the same mod that you outline and I've got the lap timer. Mine's a 2013, though - perhaps there's some software difference between 2012 and 2013 that allows the timer to be activated?
So, anyone with a 2012 A6 have the lap timer enabled and been able to get it displayed? If so what did you do? And what version of MMI SW is installed?

GIAC Stage 2 Tune
Lumar Tint:
AIR 80% Front Windshield
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 236420

In 2012 models, the lap timer does not show up on the DIS, even though it can be enabled via Vagcom. I have the 487 version. I am likely getting an MMI upgrade next week (don't yet know to which version), so will try to see if it works after the upgrade.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeland View Post
In 2012 models, the lap timer does not show up on the DIS, even though it can be enabled via Vagcom. I have the 487 version. I am likely getting an MMI upgrade next week (don't yet know to which version), so will try to see if it works after the upgrade.
Thanks for the info, good to know that it isn't me, lol. Keep us informed as to what happens after your MMI update.

GIAC Stage 2 Tune
Lumar Tint:
AIR 80% Front Windshield
Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 237496

Quote:
Thanks for the info, good to know that it isn't me, lol. Keep us informed as to what happens after your MMI update.
Even if it shows you need to have a car with the driver assistance package that changes the turning signal selector.
AUDI A7 2012 PRESTIGE GIAC STAGE 2, AWE EXHAUST DIAMOND BLACK TIPS 349AWHP (362 with AWE and Injen) 324AWFT-LBS (335 with AWE and Injen) @ 91 OCTANE, INJEN INTAKE, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS, EIBACH SPRINGS. The Dyno numbers are for the stage 1
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
COBRA 1965

GONE
FERRARI 550 MARANELLO 1998
HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 07-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
Even if it shows you need to have a car with the driver assistance package that changes the turning signal selector.
Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement. I have the driver assistance package and yet the lap timer does not show in the list on the DIS. Does it work for your 2012 A7?

GIAC Stage 2 Tune
Lumar Tint:
AIR 80% Front Windshield
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 237496

Quote:
Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement. I have the driver assistance package and yet the lap timer does not show in the list on the DIS. Does it work for your 2012 A7?
sorry, what I meant is that even if it shows in your DIS (which in my case did not) you need the driver assistant selector on the left side to make it work, which I do not have either
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_LapTimer.html
AUDI A7 2012 PRESTIGE GIAC STAGE 2, AWE EXHAUST DIAMOND BLACK TIPS 349AWHP (362 with AWE and Injen) 324AWFT-LBS (335 with AWE and Injen) @ 91 OCTANE, INJEN INTAKE, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS, EIBACH SPRINGS. The Dyno numbers are for the stage 1
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
COBRA 1965

GONE
FERRARI 550 MARANELLO 1998
HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 07-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, a6, assistant, c7, enable, lap, night, temperature, timer, vag, vision