VAG COM Changes - lap timer - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Log In 


A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

VAG COM Changes - lap timer

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default VAG COM Changes - lap timer

Verified that lap timer is enabled according the following:

[17 - Instruments][coding - 07]-> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4
Bit 3 is checked. Latest VAG COM SW identifies this bit as the lap timer enable/disable bit.

I have not been able to find the lap timer under any of the DIS windows. Any ideas would be appreciated.
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
 
Nyuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 171
Default

Make sure the DIC selection is on the "Red Tab", the trip computer/mileage/etc.

Hit the 'option' button on the steering wheel to bring up the mode changer, 'Lap Timer' should show up in the list. Scroll with scroll wheel and select.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't look up the 'proper' terms for these things in the manual. Interestingly enough, if you have the Innovation Package/HUD, selecting the Lap Timer will also bring up your currently selected gear and oil temperature on the HUD.
__________________
2013 A6 3.0T Prestige / Phantom Black / Black Interior / Black Headliner / Innovation Package / 20" Sport Package / LED Headlights / Fine Grain Ash Wood / Cold Weather Package
Nyuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuni View Post
Make sure the DIC selection is on the "Red Tab", the trip computer/mileage/etc.

Hit the 'option' button on the steering wheel to bring up the mode changer, 'Lap Timer' should show up in the list. Scroll with scroll wheel and select.

Hope that makes sense, I didn't look up the 'proper' terms for these things in the manual. Interestingly enough, if you have the Innovation Package/HUD, selecting the Lap Timer will also bring up your currently selected gear and oil temperature on the HUD.
I assume you are talking about the button that brings up a list such as On Board Computer, Efficiency program, Digital speedometer, Adaptive cruise control. If this is what you are referring to lap timer is not in the list. I have searched far and wide for an answer but to no avail.
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Nyuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
I assume you are talking about the button that brings up a list such as On Board Computer, Efficiency program, Digital speedometer, Adaptive cruise control. If this is what you are referring to lap timer is not in the list. I have searched far and wide for an answer but to no avail.
That is what I meant. Interesting... I've performed the same mod that you outline and I've got the lap timer. Mine's a 2013, though - perhaps there's some software difference between 2012 and 2013 that allows the timer to be activated?
__________________
2013 A6 3.0T Prestige / Phantom Black / Black Interior / Black Headliner / Innovation Package / 20" Sport Package / LED Headlights / Fine Grain Ash Wood / Cold Weather Package
Nyuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuni View Post
That is what I meant. Interesting... I've performed the same mod that you outline and I've got the lap timer. Mine's a 2013, though - perhaps there's some software difference between 2012 and 2013 that allows the timer to be activated?
So, anyone with a 2012 A6 have the lap timer enabled and been able to get it displayed? If so what did you do? And what version of MMI SW is installed?
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: World's coldest capital
Posts: 46
Default

In 2012 models, the lap timer does not show up on the DIS, even though it can be enabled via Vagcom. I have the 487 version. I am likely getting an MMI upgrade next week (don't yet know to which version), so will try to see if it works after the upgrade.
__________________
2012 A6 Prestige (Dakota Grey with Nougat Brown interior, Walnut Brown inlays)
Innovation Package (ACC, HUD, Night vision, LED Headlights), B&O, Cold Weather Package
dukeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeland View Post
In 2012 models, the lap timer does not show up on the DIS, even though it can be enabled via Vagcom. I have the 487 version. I am likely getting an MMI upgrade next week (don't yet know to which version), so will try to see if it works after the upgrade.
Thanks for the info, good to know that it isn't me, lol. Keep us informed as to what happens after your MMI update.
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
feralc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
Thanks for the info, good to know that it isn't me, lol. Keep us informed as to what happens after your MMI update.
Even if it shows you need to have a car with the driver assistance package that changes the turning signal selector.
__________________
FERRARI 360 SPIDER F1 2003
COBRA 1965
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 2015


GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
-AUDI A7 PRESTIGE 2012 GIAC STAGE 2 (460HP AND 420 FT-LBS), AWE TOURING DIAMOND BLACK EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, EIBACH SPRINGS, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS.
-PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
-HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
-MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
-PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
-BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 07-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
Even if it shows you need to have a car with the driver assistance package that changes the turning signal selector.
Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement. I have the driver assistance package and yet the lap timer does not show in the list on the DIS. Does it work for your 2012 A7?
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
feralc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
Not sure I understand what you mean by your statement. I have the driver assistance package and yet the lap timer does not show in the list on the DIS. Does it work for your 2012 A7?
sorry, what I meant is that even if it shows in your DIS (which in my case did not) you need the driver assistant selector on the left side to make it work, which I do not have either
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_LapTimer.html
__________________
FERRARI 360 SPIDER F1 2003
COBRA 1965
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 2015


GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
-AUDI A7 PRESTIGE 2012 GIAC STAGE 2 (460HP AND 420 FT-LBS), AWE TOURING DIAMOND BLACK EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, EIBACH SPRINGS, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS.
-PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
-HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
-MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
-PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
-BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 07-29-2013 at 12:43 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #11
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralc View Post
sorry, what I meant is that even if it shows in your DIS (which in my case did not) you need the driver assistant selector where the wiper is to make it work, which I do not have either.
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_LapTimer.html
I looked at that web page earlier. I have the driver assistance package as it is part of the innovation package and I do not have the kind of wiper control stalk as shown in that link. Anyway, the lap timer appears to be available for 2013's if enabled via vag com. Not sure if they are able to make it work as indicated by the link. Keep in mind that the page is talking about an A4.
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
AudiWorld Member
 
fEArmE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 405
Default

I have a 13 and lap timer is controlled via steering wheel buttons on the left, not wiper stalk.
fEArmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #13
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
feralc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
I looked at that web page earlier. I have the driver assistance package as it is part of the innovation package and I do not have the kind of wiper control stalk as shown in that link. Anyway, the lap timer appears to be available for 2013's if enabled via vag com. Not sure if they are able to make it work as indicated by the link. Keep in mind that the page is talking about an A4.
Well I have mine enabled and I could not find it, because that link I thought you need the selector of the driver assistance package, I thought it is on the wiper's side but I was wrong in our cars is in the left side.
But Jearme just stated is controlled by the wheel, so he must be right.
__________________
FERRARI 360 SPIDER F1 2003
COBRA 1965
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
GRAND CHEROKEE ALTITUDE 2015


GONE (BUT NOT FORGOTTEN)
-AUDI A7 PRESTIGE 2012 GIAC STAGE 2 (460HP AND 420 FT-LBS), AWE TOURING DIAMOND BLACK EXHAUST, INJEN INTAKE, EIBACH SPRINGS, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS.
-PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
-HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
-MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
-PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
-BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 07-31-2013 at 10:57 AM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #14
AudiWorld Member
 
NVThs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 596
Default

I have a 13 so I cant say for sure, but I know I had no issue turning mine on and it shows up all the time if I want it.
__________________


2013 A6 (C7) 3.0 Prestige. Estoril Blue
Mods: 35% tint all around, tinted tail lights. ABT trunk lid spoiler. Stasis Exhuast. Injen Intake. H&R Springs, Debadged, APR 93 Octane Tune, Stasis Sway Bar, all the cool vag com mods.
Planned: Black Optics, sub upgrade, trunk light upgrade, APR Supercharger pully upgrade


2014 Q5 3.0 Teak Brown Metallic Prem+, S-line+
Let the mods begin


2004 A6 (C5) 2.7T S line. Ming Blue (gone but not forgotten)
NVThs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #15
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 48
Default

Has anyone been able to successfully activate and display LAP TIMER on the 2012 year model ?
My MMI version is 715-2
kdagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #16
AudiWorld Member
 
Hockenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdagher View Post
Has anyone been able to successfully activate and display LAP TIMER on the 2012 year model ?
My MMI version is 715-2
I have this same problem, any 2012's have the answer?
Hockenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #17
AudiWorld Member
 
jr'sAudiA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockenheim View Post
I have this same problem, any 2012's have the answer?
I was told that the 2012's will not display the lap timer and it has to do with the firmware for the instrument cluster.
__________________

2012 A6 Prestige Pkg, Innovation Pkg, Bang and Olefson sound system, 20" Sport Pkg, Stasis 370mm front brakes
KW variant 3 suspension with Stasis rear ARB and adjustable front upper control arms
GIAC Stage 2 Tune, P3cars Vent Integrated Digital Interface(VIDI), injen intake, AWE exhaust
Lumar Tint:
CTX 50% Tint Front Side Windows
CTX 30% Tint Rear & Rear Side Windows
AIR 80% Front Windshield
XPEL Ultimate Clear Bra on entire hood and left & right fenders
jr'sAudiA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #18
AudiWorld Member
 
Hockenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6 View Post
I was told that the 2012's will not display the lap timer and it has to do with the firmware for the instrument cluster.
So if you update the firmware you're good to go? I'm on HN+R_US_AU_k566_5
Hockenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #19
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockenheim View Post
So if you update the firmware you're good to go? I'm on HN+R_US_AU_k566_5
Thats the MMI version, not the instrument cluster one.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #20
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 38
Default

Wonder were you can see the firmware version? maybe in the hidden green menu? I have the same problem of enabling the Lap Timer on a 2012 A6 model
hhhoffme is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, a6, assistant, c7, enable, lap, night, temperature, timer, vag, vision

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community