Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

VAG-COM (VCDS) coding for 2016 FL A6/A7

Old 03-10-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So finally I got Traffic Sign Recognition and VIM to work in my 2016 A6. I had to use OBDELEVEN to activate VIM and Kufatec's OBD dongle for Traffic Sign Recognition. VIM was the easy part; just used the app ( cost 10 credits )to activate. For Traffic Sign Recognition, I tried to do it myself but caused my camera module to stop working. Went to the dealership and they reset it. Initially they assumed the camera had to be replaced; but later figured it needed to be re-coded. After this I didn't want to mess with it again so I called Kufatec and they used remote access to complete the coding for me. They realized I had done all of it except I couldn't change a specific long coding under 17-Instruments [ Byte 05,bit 2 ]; bit 2 didn't exists so they made some changes. I kept him on the phone and drove around the neighborhood. Initially said; speed sign recognition restricted. The Kufatec guy told me that was because my car is a US model ( I'm still in Germany since I took delivery in July 2016), once I go back to the States I shouldn't see it again. First traffic sign I came across got picked up. Whenever there was no speed signs, it'll say " No speed sign detected ".
If you have the 8E module, you can definitely have Traffic Sign Recognition. The module needs the database and that's what Kufatec's dongle provides you with. I'm not sure if the dongle gets married to your VIN or not. Would be worth looking into.

Last edited by oswalde2000; 03-10-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 03-10-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

So you basically got the dongle and thats why its working for you.
You didn't really make it work without any dongle.
For me, its simply region is not allowed and thats why its not working.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Collak
So you basically got the dongle and thats why its working for you.
You didn't really make it work without any dongle.
For me, its simply region is not allowed and thats why its not working.

The car was made without the database for traffic sign recognition so yeah I got it working with the dongle. What region is your car?
Old 03-10-2017, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, My car has all data, sensor camera and all the sh** needed for it.
I bought the car in Germany for reason as there are produced for german roads which are always much better than other cars produced for other territories.
In Croatia it stopped working, I know I have deleted some data on MMI and I remembee after that it never worked anymore.
It tells me 'Restricted area'
Old 03-10-2017, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

@oswalde2000 - Where do the speed signs appear in the cockpit? What is the Kufatec part number?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hope you can see it...
Head up display and instrument
Old 03-10-2017, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

That is too cool. Wish it was available in the USA! Thanks for sharing the photo.
The following users liked this post:
wibba10 (07-10-2019)
Old 03-11-2017, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very cool. Supposedly, it is available in the US with the Kufatec dongle.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Traffic Sign Recognition Dongle By Kufatec

Hi there...
I just got my Kufatec Traffic Sign Recognition Dongle, which I will apply to my 2016 A7 US Model.
Does any one in the US already apply it to his car?
Any Advice or hints you can give me?
The instructions kufatec gave me are in German so I translated them to English using google translator but the coding section still kind of bogus after translation.
Any help will be really appreciated. ;-}
Old 03-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 6CHICAGO
Hi there...
I just got my Kufatec Traffic Sign Recognition Dongle, which I will apply to my 2016 A7 US Model.
Does any one in the US already apply it to his car?
Any Advice or hints you can give me?
The instructions kufatec gave me are in German so I translated them to English using google translator but the coding section still kind of bogus after translation.
Any help will be really appreciated. ;-}
Quick Update:
I installed the TSR Dongle this afternoon, I assume that the database is been loaded to my car but when I started the coding portion of the installation I noticed that Address 17 (Instruments) Byte 5, Bit 2 is not there, Byte 5 only has Bit 0 and Bit 1, Bit 2 is not present.
This is the same problem "Oswalde2000" had when he tried to code his car making his camera stop working so I stopped right there to save myself a trip to the dealer to re-code my camera.
Tomorrow morning I'll contact Kufatec Support to see how can they help me, if they give me instructions on how to fix this, i will post them here.
So, my recommendation is that anyone with a 2016 A6/A7 US models be aware of this situation and don't try to finish the coding part without that missing address 17, Byte 5, Bit 2 fixed first.
I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by 6CHICAGO; 03-28-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VAG-COM (VCDS) coding for 2016 FL A6/A7