Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

VCDS Resource

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Motor-talk.de had two codes that work for the ROW ACC but didn't work for the NA ACC: 20113 and 13674 (CODIERUNGEN - neuer A6 (4G) Seite 47 : Versuch mit 13647). I gave up after that but the topic there may have more codes in one of the 214 pages...
Thank you but German is lousy and it goes into detail re: enabling the ADS through the hidden menu for those who do not have ADS in the MMI+NAV.
20113 is the code for the Central Electronics and work in the US but does not work for the module that I'm trying to program.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:14 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
I want the ACC to "follow" the car in traffic without intervention, which is what some Audi's do in ROW....
You may be right...again... a USA safety feature. Mine will follow down to 1 MPH, but a complete stop requires manual intervention...what if someone walked in front of your car while stopped that the system does not "see"?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by DB22
My ADS is set to Individual and Individual has the red border. If I select it then my car shows the Engine/Transmission in Dynamic which shows up in the DIS with D-S vertically...
Likely the US EPA interfering here. Car does not start in "S" mode unless you tweak as you are looking to. Just pull back on the lever D/S and you will be in S, all the other Individual settings are already selected, just not the engine/trans as this would effect the EPA reported MPG.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gk1
You may be right...again... a USA safety feature. Mine will follow down to 1 MPH, but a complete stop requires manual intervention...what if someone walked in front of your car while stopped that the system does not "see"?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Likely the US EPA interfering here. Car does not start in "S" mode unless you tweak as you are looking to. Just pull back on the lever D/S and you will be in S, all the other Individual settings are already selected, just not the engine/trans as this would effect the EPA reported MPG.
If I drive on the sidewalk then I would be wrong but if some idiot walks between cars then they deserve it. The USA spends 50% of GDP on protecting idiots from themselves.

The objective of this tweak is to eliminate one more step in the pre-flight routine. I already do pull back on the gear lever but I want the option of not having to. It's all about choice and if it upsets the EPA then now I have two motives.
I am not convinced that it is just the engine/trans. My guess is that it reverts to Auto.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The s and rs versions have the gear indicator and needle sweep on by default. Draw your own conclusions. :-)

Some countries mandate rear drls and adaptive brakes. Audi programs for the norm of each country.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HaveBlue
The s and rs versions have the gear indicator and needle sweep on by default. Draw your own conclusions. :-)

Some countries mandate rear drls and adaptive brakes. Audi programs for the norm of each country.
As I have said many times, if we had someone who could drive that works at the NHTSA and SAE then we might be able to catch up with the rest of the world.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi D22,

Any luck on the ACC, 13 - Auto Distance Regulator, 16 - Security Access?

I thought the 14.10.0 VCDS upgrade might to the trick, but no luck.

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am I interested in automatic go ACC as well. Maybe just go from 10 seconds to 20 seconds would be of help.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by cnpc
Hi D22,

Any luck on the ACC, 13 - Auto Distance Regulator, 16 - Security Access?

I thought the 14.10.0 VCDS upgrade might to the trick, but no luck.

Thanks!
My enquiries around the world have asked me to try: 14117, 20113 and 13674. I can state that this access code does not work on my US 2014 Prestige A6.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This might help......the detail below is the coding required for an A4 B8, allowing ADS to be set as default to any of the 4 selections available, if for example Individual is selected then this will be active every time you turn the car on (by putting 04 in the four channels), this over rights the factory default to Auto.
Individual is a good selection as you can then set the steering, suspension and engine settings via the MMI:-

[09 – Cent. Elect.] *Note all four channels needs to be set to the same value*
[Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
(Set to 01 - Comfort, 02 - Auto, 03 - Dynamic or 04 - Individual)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 63
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 64
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 65
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 66

I'm going to have a play with the ACC settings and will post anything I think might be useful.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dap1974
This might help......the detail below is the coding required for an A4 B8, allowing ADS to be set as default to any of the 4 selections available, if for example Individual is selected then this will be active every time you turn the car on (by putting 04 in the four channels), this over rights the factory default to Auto.
Individual is a good selection as you can then set the steering, suspension and engine settings via the MMI:-

[09 – Cent. Elect.] *Note all four channels needs to be set to the same value*
[Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
(Set to 01 - Comfort, 02 - Auto, 03 - Dynamic or 04 - Individual)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 63
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 64
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 65
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 66

I'm going to have a play with the ACC settings and will post anything I think might be useful.

One of my channels, I think #64, had a number in there of around 230. I have no idea why but I did not want to change it as it made no sense.

Quick Reply: VCDS Resource